FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Please Tell Inventors about InventorSpot.com

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi All:

If you are auditioning, and you have time to kill, could you PLEASE tell the people around you about our site here at AmericanInventorSpot.com or InventorSpot.com.

We don't have the advertising dollars to compete with the Scam Sites, so all we have is the power of word of mouth. So, if you like our site and you think its worth keeping around, PLEASE tell at least two inventors in line and ask them to tell two friends..and so on and so so... just like that old shampoo commercial.

We have almost 300 registered users now, and much more readers. I'd love to get us to 500 registered users by the time auditions for American Inventor ends. Will you help us by telling your fellow auditioners?

Thanks,

Michelle

Postby 5rocks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:10 am

5rocks
Green Belt

Hi Michelle. I told many people about the site. Alot of people asked about how they can bounce ideas off of people that are dealing with there experiences. I told them about this site. So, hopefully we will get another couple dozen people. Like I said in another post, I was in the very front of the line so my exposure with the auditioning masses was limited.

Pat Rock

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:16 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks Pat for sharing. I guess I would not have wished you at the back of the line in the rain, even if we could have gotten a hundred more visitors....maybe :lol:

We are definitely seeing more readers from the recommendations of inventors at the auditions so far...but so few actually post, which is a shame as I think it would make the forums much more fun.

Anyone have ideas on how to make these forums more fun and interesting, as well as informative?

Our thoughts for InventorSpot.com is that there is tons of advice stuff for inventors out there, but none you would actually want to go to everyday. What can we do to make it a compelling place for inventors and innovators everyday?

NAy suggestions for the forums and also for what you want to read on the front page would be helpful.

Thanks,

Michelle

Postby bonnie1990 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:09 pm

bonnie1990
White Belt

i sure did in NY to those i spoke to!

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:35 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Michelle wrote:Anyone have ideas on how to make these forums more fun and interesting, as well as informative?

Inventor videos. Show your invention, demonstrate your idea, give advice, ask for advice. It could replace any need for a reality tv show and help inventors get their ideas to market.

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Bottle sling - you are convincing me. So I will work with Roger our webmaster to do that.

You guys come up with great videos to post on the site...limit max 2 minutes,
must be interesting - really cool or really entertaining etc.

If we can get some great responses for them, we can create a whole section dedicated to them maybe.

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hey Bonnie:

Thanks so much!! :D :D :D

Postby Michelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:39 am

Michelle
Black Belt

I am just bumping this post up so people will be reminded in the Florida and Houston auditions to promote our site for us...and spread teh word about joining here for everything inventor.

Thanks

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:56 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

How about AISpot sending a correspondent? Get as far into the production cycle as possible. Being on line is a public event. You could even have cameras there.

Postby Michelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:26 am

Michelle
Black Belt

We had one in Chicago and in New York lined up but they fell through. :(

I don't want to keep crying no money not enough time, but that's our situation. We are spending everything we make to sfor site building and paying writers and stuff.

Management team had to decide where to focus our limited resources so we prioritized other things.

If anyone wants to volunteer to write an article about their experiences, we'd love it.

Otherwise, we'll just have to plod along as best we can...relying on the grass roots efforts of inventors telling other inventors about this site and helping us when they can.

We have some good stuff in the works. Hopefully, the new writers and new content will make up for lack of ccrrespondents at the auditions.