FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Texasmechanic » Tue May 20, 2008 3:46 am

Texasmechanic
White Belt

Congrat AI, and I guess that would be a Double congrats to you ideagirl.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue May 27, 2008 11:48 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

now the wait really become annoying. They finished all 5 cast calls. Now a live product search will go on starting June 2 till June 23. They did say this is only for one spot. I hope they can start telling us who got selected and who didn't, for the rest of spots.

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

They said one spot will definitely go to a Edison Nation member and not anything to the effect of one going to the last casting call. I don't believe they intend to pick 13 inventors as I feel they will be sticking with 12. Also they won't let us know till they can sort through all of the ideas and match them up against each other.

Have not heard anything either

Postby cejela » Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

cejela
Yellow Belt

I was not sure if they would have contacted me yet, but not hearing anything gives me hope.. maybe just denial..

I do not know why they would want to know how to manufacture something if they have the connections to ask other's, but it does seem llike a good sign they connected you.

I do not care if I am on the show, but would love for one of their connections to call me when they can.

I guess the next question would be do they send everyone letters to let you know you are not considered? I would not know wh en to move on if not. And to get thru the best odds for my patent pending to be more time than less, it would be a good idea to move on, sooner rather than later.

Also does anyone know if you get an offer from one of their connections if they will give the once a year payment to all or is that negotiable?

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue May 27, 2008 4:17 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

at this stage, nobody hear anything yet. But soon we will know.

Now they have another on line casting call at Edison Nation, So I don't know how long it will take for us to hear anything from them.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue May 27, 2008 4:36 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

questions about how to manufacture it. Like what material would be best, cost... etc.
And they asked me to send them a copy of my non-provisional application.

Anyone else got same request?

Postby Texasmechanic » Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Texasmechanic
White Belt

Hello Make, sorry no help here. I have not heard a word about anything. But mine was fairly simple and would be easy to work out how to make it.
So I do not think I will here from them till the end. (I hope)

Randy

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu May 29, 2008 8:39 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

So, we just sit here and wait, and wait more since they add an extra online invention hunt. Good thing is I can use the extra hunt for my another idea.
Still This is wait, wait and wait.

Didn't know about the on line call for EE

Postby cejela » Thu May 29, 2008 11:37 am

cejela
Yellow Belt

Thanks for letting me know that. I am a member of the Edison Nation, but have not checked in a while.. I wonder if that backs up our time for knowing who is in from the casting calls, if they are only picking one spot. Does anyone know the sure number of ideas they are going to work with this year?

I do have 2 or 3 ideas in the noggin, so that could be fun to enter those too. My daughter has a great invention too, so I can get her in on it too.

Well, better write it out...they say that is all that is needed. Finally an easier task! Good Luck to all!

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu May 29, 2008 12:02 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I am pretty sure that backs us up. Edison Nation guarantee that at least one spot will go to its members, but didn't say only one. So we will have to wait till the end of all these to know who gets to be selected and who doesn't.
I bet if wasn't for the extra casting call, we would have know already.
Well, not much we can do else. might as well just enjoy while wait.
PreviousNext