FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Edison Nation Innovation Station

Postby Average Inventor » Sun May 25, 2008 9:37 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

The innovation station should be open by June 2nd at latest, possibly as early as today? From what I have gathered so far it will be the online conduit for the last season 3 casting call starting June 2nd. I'm pretty sure it will also be the area that companies who are actively looking for products in specific areas will post those criteria so inventors can come up with solutions and get licensing deals. They might also have contests along the same lines to tailer the ideas they receive to fir the partnered retailers and manufacturers needs. It looks to be a great addition to the site and a nice opportunity for inventors.

Postby citizen » Sun May 25, 2008 11:23 am

citizen
Brown Belt

Cool.

I think EN needs to make sure that its worth remaining a gold member after auditions, otherwise, alot of people will just drop membership after the auditions.

Jason

Postby ideagirl » Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

I love the idea hunts, so am really looking forward to the start of Innovation Station! It's a great way to FOCUS your energy.

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

According to Matt Spangard from EE,

Beginning June 2nd you will be able to submit your ideas and inventions to EE through the Innovation Station at Edison Nation. You will be required to be a gold member and it will be $25 per submitted idea. There are no limits on how many ideas you can submit and if you remain a gold member thses submission can be considered for upcoming product searches initiated by partners of Edison Nation.

It looks like they will have an online editable form that will run you through the details of your invention and allow you to submit drawings or pictures as well as a 2 minute video (if you so choose)

It looks like the innovation station will go live soon and after the casting call it will house the idea hunts and product requests the Edison Nation's retail connections.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue May 27, 2008 1:29 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Bummer, $25 fee and ask you to remain gold member so your idea can stay valid for (just in case) product search. They sure know how to do business.

The requirements will make sure only serious submition will enter and it's not too high to repel inventors, as we already spent dear amount of money on our inventions. It also make those who attended real casting call feel better.

By only tossing one bone out, they can attract members(maybe another thousand), good ideas, and make some money along the way. They sure know how to do business, you have to give them that.

Postby ideagirl » Tue May 27, 2008 1:34 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

I like it that they will keep the submissions and they can be used for other hunts. I had already planned on keeping my gold status for the hunts anyway, so it's all good!

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue May 27, 2008 1:50 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Only online form is required. Then you can have supporting photos, document, and max 2 mins of video upload. Not necessary but recommended.

I plan to cut my submission from 3 down to just one. Part because of the submission fee, part because they will only have one winner at end. I refered to the article mojo posted at another thread to pick my submission (very useful). I already have everything except the video, and I don't plan to make one since my prototype is only a 3-D model.

Anyone plan to submit another idea?

Postby mojo62 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:17 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

I like it that they will keep the submissions and they can be used for other hunts.

Does this give them rights to the inventins though? If something does not win, I would possibly want to take it elsewhere.

Postby ideagirl » Wed May 28, 2008 2:19 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

The way the hunts normally work, is they only tie up the rights if you are choosen as a winner. So just submitting an idea does not tie it up.

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed May 28, 2008 2:36 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

idea hunt wins you an opportunity to discuss licensing deal with company that demand the hunt. You can either negotiate your deal with, or getting a take or leave deal from that company.

The thing I am interesting to find out is does that gives Edison nation the exclusive agent right.
Next