FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

What should I wear to the auditions?

Postby Contextion » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I want to wear a suit so I can look professional on TV if I do not have to wait 12 hours out in the rain and then wear it again every other day too. Should i try to get a rain suit to go over my suit if the weather looks bad or do they not film you the 1st day and get you to pick out your clothes you want to be seen in on the second, third or fourth day?

Postby 5rocks » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:41 pm

5rocks
Green Belt

Wear whatever you want, but do not wear anything with stripes. That is a new policy for this year. Maybe it has something to do with High Def Cameras. They film all of the time. Every step of the way, you may be filmed. I would suggest wearing whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Pat Rock

Postby Michelle » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

You are not supposed to wear anything with a big logo or sign too.

I'd wear something really bright so you can spot yourself on tv. :)

what to wear?

Postby creativeannette » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:53 pm

creativeannette
White Belt

be sure that you follow their instructions. no logos, and wear something comfortable as well cause we stood in line 10 hours, and were told to come back the next day in the same clothes. good thing it wasnt 100 outside, as we were not hot. I saw professional, casual, jeans, and even a lady in a crocodile hat. Yeah I bet she could pick herself out of the shots! They filmed her walking around a lot.

Postby Average Inventor » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:42 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

I wore athletic shoes and nice pants with a dress shirt untucked in the line and carried a backpack. Once I got inside I tucked my shirt in changed into dress shoes and donned a belt. I guess I could have even added a tie. I was happy I chose that route because I would have been really unhappy if I had been in dress shoes and such wating all day.

oh yeah

Postby creativeannette » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:28 pm

creativeannette
White Belt

I totally forgot, the next day when we came back I wore tennis shoes and my daughter flip flops since the first day I stood ten hours in heels. She had blisters that burst, and her feet were really sore. Upstairs though, there was a place to sit while we waited so the second day was not such a mess. The first? we were number 3940 and I heard a few hundred past us even. that was their biggest crowd yet.

walk in comfy shoes, and bring nice to wear if you want...

Postby bonnie1990 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:14 pm

bonnie1990
White Belt

definitly where comfortable shoes and check the weather forcast. i was going to wear a skirt but decided to wear slacks instead. i was very glad i did. i wished i had brought some socks-my feet were cold. one guy was trying to find a place to buy a coat-all he had was a fleece pullover.

i felt it was best to try and look neat & professional, but comfortable for the conditions (and yes they wasnt you to wear the same clothes again the next day), but there were also alot of people wearing just jeans, or even athletic clothing (if it pertained to their invention

basicly be comfortable-it is going to be a long day & maybe one in the rain like mine was.

Postby Contextion » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:18 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Can you really not wear stripes? They do not say that anywhere in their forms. The only nice long sleeve shirt with no logos that I want to wear on TV has stripes on it.

I did some research of what to wear on TV and all i found was not to wear pin stripes. The shirt I want to wear has big stripes on it not small stripes. Do you think that will be all right?

Postby bonnie1990 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:08 pm

bonnie1990
White Belt

i don't know anything about not wearing stripes....