FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Tampa Florida April 21st!

Postby Contextion » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Theres not going to be auditioning in Orlando anymore. Its been changed to Tampa on the 21st!

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:59 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Contextion,

Thanks for the update!

Orlando =(

Postby Ramzilla » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Ramzilla
White Belt

I really wish I'd discovered this site a week ago. My father and I left for Orlando Monday night right after I got out of work up in Tallahassee. We drove in my Dad's motor home and towed a vehicle behind us for use once we got there. We pulled in quite late and got our site set-up fairly quickly, un-hitched the tow vehicle and promptly went to bed.

We set the alarm for 4:30 am, we were out the door by 5 am and at the guard shack at the Contemprary by 5:45am only to be greeted by a piece of paper in the window saying the event was cancelled! The guard was very apologetic, but that did little to ease our disappointment. The guard then went on to tell us he'd been turning folks around all night, some from as far away as Tenn. and North Carolina.

I know it's our own fault for not checking their site before we left, but I think it's pretty crappy to cancel an event a week prior with very little notice given to people. Obviously alot of you folks found out in plenty of time, but I can tell you quite a few people did not find out in time, myself included.

Lesson learned.[/i]

Postby Average Inventor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Ramzilla,

I'm sorry to hear you were not informed about the cancellation :( Do you plan on attending the audition in Tampa on the 21st?

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:46 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Also, sorry to anyone who did not see this earlier. We had major site problems and I did not see this in enough time to put up a posting on the front page of the site until today.

Sorry.

new place

Postby dan b » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:56 pm

dan b
White Belt

TAMPA – APRIL 21ST
GRAND HYATT TAMPA BAY
2900 BAYPORT DRIVE
TAMPA, FL 33607

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks Dan!

Postby annabella » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:42 pm

annabella
White Belt

We'll be there!! Can't wait :D

Postby Ramzilla » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Ramzilla
White Belt

Average Inventor wrote:Ramzilla,

I'm sorry to hear you were not informed about the cancellation :( Do you plan on attending the audition in Tampa on the 21st?

I'm not sure, we are undecided at this point after reading some of the posts on this site. We think we have a good invention, but the more I read the more it seems like A.I. is just an American Idol type show with the addition of an invention if you have one.

I still want to go, but my dad was pretty disheartened by the whole Orlando fiasco. If we do go it will be with no illusions of making it to the finals, it will be merely for the experience of it at this point.

Re: Orlando =(

Postby femalevolfan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:44 pm

femalevolfan
White Belt

Ramzilla wrote:I really wish I'd discovered this site a week ago. My father and I left for Orlando Monday night right after I got out of work up in Tallahassee. We drove in my Dad's motor home and towed a vehicle behind us for use once we got there. We pulled in quite late and got our site set-up fairly quickly, un-hitched the tow vehicle and promptly went to bed.

We set the alarm for 4:30 am, we were out the door by 5 am and at the guard shack at the Contemprary by 5:45am only to be greeted by a piece of paper in the window saying the event was cancelled! The guard was very apologetic, but that did little to ease our disappointment. The guard then went on to tell us he'd been turning folks around all night, some from as far away as Tenn. and North Carolina.

I know it's our own fault for not checking their site before we left, but I think it's pretty crappy to cancel an event a week prior with very little notice given to people. Obviously alot of you folks found out in plenty of time, but I can tell you quite a few people did not find out in time, myself included.

Lesson learned.[/i]

RAMZILL, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WE WERE ONE OF THE ONES FROM TENNESSEE. WE DROVE UP EARLY MON MORN AND WHEN WE GOT TO THE CONVENTION LOCATION THE PARKING ATTENDANT SD IT HAD BEEN POSTPONED AND GAVE US A PIECE OF PAPER WITH THE NEW INFO...THEY SHOULD HAVE GAVE EVERYONE MORE THAT A DAYS NOTICE ...LIKE YOU SAY I GUESS WE GOT A LESSON LEARNED...GOOD LUCK JAMIE
Next