FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby R Douglas » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:58 pm

R Douglas
White Belt

Hi can you answer one question? How many judges did they have for first round screening. It sounds like there a lot of people in line waiting to be seen and if they only have 3 screeners I will make sure I get to the audition extra early.

Thanks in advance

Postby Contextion » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:40 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

Yeah I think theres going to be more people at these last shows so its going to be a longer wait for those that get there after 6. Ill be at the front of the line starting a day early wearing my invisibility cloak.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21513904-1702,00.html
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6083311613551695956&q=invisible+coat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwuVcxJel78

ok the judging and stuff

Postby creativeannette » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:10 am

creativeannette
White Belt

The screeners, there were a lot of those booths set up. I dont kknow how many but there were quite a few. Once you get through the first batch, you come back I think to the same batch. One lady there on our first day to be seen (actually second there though) she was returning to be seen again, and was staged in the same waiting room upstairs that we were. She waited to be seen , I dont know if by the same screeners maybe a second stage of the competition. I dont know what happens after that though. I didnt see or hear of anyone being in front of the actual judges. That would have been the next few days I believe. It was written that you would need to stay days after the first day if you got into the next phase though. LOTS of auditioning inventors went home after hearing how they would be staying, and then if they got into the show how it would take at least a month in a hotel in LA for the show. Many could not leave their families and jobs for that long...

I still think that if this is your time to do it though, that you should press ahead and go for it!

New york audtions

Postby peaguy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:13 pm

peaguy
White Belt

I personally made it to the celbrity judges and can't say what happened after that till the show airs.....but....I will say that I was treated very well by the staff and the producers....I was not humiliated or insulted. This is tv therefore if you are gonna open yourself up and sign contracts stating they can pretty much say whatever they want and film you doing whatever....then you best be prepared....lol I had a great time and feel like something will come out of it. If you do decide to aution in the other city....get ready for anything....you will have to hurry up and wait....and wait....and wait but.....if you have something they will see it, if they dont say yes....believe in yourself and move on!.....plus the one camera lady was so stinking hot I didn't care about anything else around me that was happening....lol

Postby Contextion » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Did they pay for your rooms since you made it to the last judges?

Postby peaguy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:23 pm

peaguy
White Belt

Nope!.....but we had a great time in NYC!

Postby Road Show » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Actually, peaguy, you can say anything you want here...unless your name is actually "peaguy" or gives some indication of what your real identity is. Just don't say what your inventions is. Go ahead...you can trust us! 8)

RSG

Postby Contextion » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:20 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I read somewhere that someone got them to pay for their rooms and I would like them to pay for my rooms too!
Previous