FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

New TV Show Auditions

Postby Michelle » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:19 am

Michelle
Black Belt

We just got notice of the following:

New TV Pilot produced by Mark Burnett for Major Television Network now
casting INVENTORS / ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS!

Do you have an amazing idea or product but need the money to back it?
Would you like the opportunity to pitch your invention to several
multi-millionaire investors?

If so, we want to hear from you!

Email a brief paragraph about yourself and your non-confidential idea
along with contact info and a recent photo to:

Kris Canning
Casting Producer
kcanning@markburnettprod.com

Hurry - deadline is October 17th!

Postby mojo62 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 am

mojo62
Black Belt

recent photo to

A photo of the inventor or the invention?

Postby inventor-x » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:35 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

The deadline has been moved to the 22nd of October.

They are still working on the legal contract & name.

They do know what network it will be on (ABC).

The show is going to be across between American Inventor, Dragons Den & Fortune (which never aired)

I suggested that they post a Feedback for Ideas about an Inventor show on the website.

Ask the Inventors what they need & what it would take to make a great Inventor show.

Sense they aren't posting a Feedback for the show, how about giving some Feedback for this show or future Inventor/Invention shows.

Update

Postby inventor-x » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:52 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Here is an update on the new television show looking for Inventions.

Casting Video & Application Forum:

CASTING VIDEO DIRECTIONS

GETTING STARTED:
We are looking for aspiring entrepreneurs with business ideas and inventors with new products that will change our lives!
We would love to see fun, energetic and expressive people that have amazing stories to share! Here are a few pointers for getting ready to shoot your video!
ACCEPTABLE FORMATS ARE MINI DV or DVD. MINI DVs PREFERRED. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A DVD UNLESS YOU ALSO SEND THE MASTER TAPE! AND PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR VIDEOS!
1) No gum chewing or candy in the mouth!
2) Close the blinds, shades, etc. and turn on the lights. Make sure the room(s) are well lit.
3) Do not sit in front of a window or lamp, as this will create a silhouette.
4) Turn off the TV, radio, air conditioning, ceiling fans or heating units as this will create a hum or buzz.
5) Have fun! Emotions – both happy and sad - make for a compelling tape!
6) Have someone other than yourself run the camera! Make sure it’s someone whom you feel very comfortable with and who knows how to run a video camera!
7) Keep interview question shots fairly close up – upper bodies and heads only. We don’t need to see the entire living room, but would like to see faces, expressions and bodies! Here’s an example of framing for your interview questions:

The medium shot is from just below the waist to above the head. There is room for the person to be animated with their hand movements, etc
IMPORTANT: When you are ready to go, have someone else read you these questions. Do not have paper in your hand or in front of you. Also – please include the question into your answer:
Example:
Question: “When did you come up with your idea?â€

Postby inventor-x » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

New update from Kris:

Amended Royalty Clause.. Thought you might be interested! Much better deal for inventors!
Kris

Good News! I know many of you have been asking about this...

In your application for Shark Tank, please replace the page with the heading “Acknowledgement of Further Agreementsâ€
Last edited by inventor-x on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mojo62 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:52 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

PLEASE DO NOT SEND A DVD UNLESS YOU ALSO SEND THE MASTER TAPE! AND PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR VIDEOS!

I didn't have to read very long before I said "WHAT"?

[quote]Producer or its designee shall receive an irrevocable option to take a perpetual ten percent (10%) royalty of 100% of
the gross receipts derived from the idea, product, invention, service or business that I present to the “sharksâ€

Postby inventor-x » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:04 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

I contacted Kris after his first post.

I sent Kris a follow-up & update e-mails.

The Information he sent me I copied & pasted it onto the website.

Personally I do not think the show will get any takers to audition for the show & the show will never air.

I wish anyone the best if they attempt to submit there Invention trying to audition for the show.

Postby Work2XL » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Mojo,
On the surface, I agree. BUT, the other way to look at it your giving up 10% + what the Angel wants to get to market with ABC exposure. If the Angel is reasonable it could be worth it. I guess it would depend on the particulars of your project and your position.

Randy