FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

AS seen on TV challenge

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Edison Nation is partnering with some of the most successful names in Direct Response (As Seen On TV) Television (DRTV) – the same folks who brought you Debbie Meyer Green Bags, Buxton Over the Shoulder Organizer, Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter, Bendaroos, Snuggie, Billy Mays Big City Slider Station, Auto Cool, Craft Lite Cutter, Floam, Smart Spin, Leg Magic, Pasta Pro, Grip ‘n Flip, Awesome Auger, Genie Instant Line Smoother and many more – to look for the DRTV Product of the Year for 2009.

The best of your submissions will be presented to these partners for their possible selection as DRTV products in 2009.

The world of DRTV has grown exponentially and we are looking to you to find your niche within this $24 billion dollar industry. Today, more than 63% of Americans watch infomercials. Over the years, the most successful DRTV products have come from the following product categories:

• Auto Care and Accessories
• Beauty and Health
• Business Opportunity
• Children’s Learning
• Fitness and Weight Loss
• Hobbies, Crafts and Collectibles
• Home and Home Appliances
• Household Cleaners
• Music Compilations
• Pain Relief
• Pet
• Self Improvement
• Sleep Aids and Mattresses
• Tools
• Vitamins and Supplements

When developing your submission, there are some key questions to consider – the same key questions that Edison Nation’s partners will ask as they review your submission:

• Does your product solve a common problem or fulfill a dream?

• Does your product transform your lifestyle?

• Does your product appeal to impulse buying? Does it hit hot buttons?

• Can the product be easily explained or demonstrated in a visually interesting manner?

• Does your product have mass market appeal?

• Does your product have a fascinating story to tell about its development and/or use?

• Is your product’s perceived value at retail 5 times greater than the cost to manufacture?

• Is your product an incredible value – a bargain that cannot possibly be missed?

• Does the product have the potential for on-going sales (refills, supplies, etc.)?

If your idea is selected, you will receive annual payments based on commercialization as well as a $2,500 advance. There is no limit to the number of ideas that may be selected for each search.

The deadline for this search is Monday, December 15, 2008.

Postby Scrupulous » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Good info, MWB.

Thanks.

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

you are welcome

Postby taniaj » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 am

taniaj
White Belt

thanks MWB, I have an account over there too. I will go looky see.
So it costs nothing?
Because I'm with IH on my favorite product, does that mean I would have to cancel with them to enter it? Is this another one of those companies?

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:05 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Each entry cost $25. The lowest I know from all invention companies. Then again you need to maintain Gold Membership which is $9 a month.
I find that's not a problem for me since I have entries almost every month since I joined.

Postby taniaj » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm

taniaj
White Belt