FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Tobacco Challenge

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Notwithstanding the interests of smokers everywhere. I'd like to see a new use for the tabacco plant.

If you are familiar with the various properties of the tobacco plant, and believe you have a way to create a new use for the plant, which doesn't require the absorption of nicotine, then let's develop that.

I understand that any new use for the plant would need to be profitable. Yet we know that the supply is there.

If you have an idea that you would like to explore, then let's hear about it. If you'd rather keep it confidential, then contact me in private.

And, assuming that your tobacco idea is new and useful, I will do everything I can to assist you.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:25 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Postby Levi Porter » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:09 am

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Fiber alternative to wood byproduct composites such as interior grade particle board.

It would likely reduce the value of the crop in that industrial application, unless the fiber had superior advantages over other vegetation.

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Levi Porter wrote:Fiber alternative to wood byproduct composites such as interior grade particle board.

It would likely reduce the value of the crop in that industrial application, unless the fiber had superior advantages over other vegetation.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wonder what kind of chemical properties this nicotine stuff has...

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

...or maybe some structural advantage to the form of the leaves themselves...