FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

advertisement idea, please help!

Postby josh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm

josh
White Belt

I have an idea for a advertisement for TV for Budweizer or any beverage company that would be willing to look at it. I've got it writen on paper. How can I get them to look at it? I have no idea what I need to do to get it protected so what can I do to ensure they don't change it a little and make the idea thiers? I'm really new to inventing so I have no idea how to go about this. Thank you.

Re: advertisement idea, please help!

Postby chloe26 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:02 pm

chloe26
White Belt

Why not try posting it on a social media sites? You might just get some fans or something... Lead Generation Philippines

Re: advertisement idea, please help!

Postby JoeWaisman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:21 pm

JoeWaisman
Green Belt

Josh, read up on copyright law. In many cases once you post something in a public forum it has a certain degree of copyright protection. That lasts for quite some time. So Chloe's idea is a decent one.

There's a flip side though. Why don't we use the same advertisements today that we used just 5 years ago? Partly because the shock value of new advertisements causes us to pay more attention to them. This means that if you post the ad on a social media site then its value will decline based upon the number of people who have been exposed to it.

If you want to demonstrate the ads value then posting it makes sense. If you want to maximize its effectiveness once employed then you should consider having a contract in place that protects your rights. NDA's are used for patents and probably exist for content as well.