FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Do You Use facebook now?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 5

Facebook Inventors - Get connected - InventorSpot Facebook

Postby minnesotainventor » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:22 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

FACEBOOK for adults and professionals. This is not something to be afraid of. Did you think this must be for just teenagers (nope, that's myspace). When new technology comes along...when do you embrace it? Will it help you? Can you save time? Will this help change your world or help your invention promotion?

I can tell you in my brief few weeks of really using facebook it has become a great professional tool for networking, staying in touch with friends, friends from high school, relatives, past relations/co-workers with a push of a button. I heard there is 250 million people now using it...there is a reason.

Companies like InventorSpot can easily create a facebook account and utilize it to help grow their network of fans...as it is now very easy for people who are fans of InventorSpot to promote it to their facebook friends (that is the term they use for people you are connected to, kinda nice). When the InventorSpot facebook site is created...their network and networking potential grows, and grows and grows. This would also allow fans of InventorSpot to network with one another in an additional convenient way. Let's grow the brand! Create a badge that can be added to facebook pages, etc.

Oh, did I mention it is free? The best things in life...sometimes are free!

If you have a facebook account or eventually take the leap of faith...look me up...I'll be your friend (except BSG...just kidding).

Here is my facebook info:

Steve Stark
Prior Lake Senior High School

You can search for people other ways, like company, etc., but this works too.

Mention your from InventorSpot...and you can join my amazing world of friends! So be cool! This is what my page looks like:

P.S. Yes, that is the famous Barbara Leigh wishing me a happy New Year! She is very cool and now works for PB.
Last edited by minnesotainventor on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 am, edited 10 times in total.

Postby minnesotainventor » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:29 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Almost a hundred views of this post...and no one responded to the poll.

No comments on broadening the world of InventorSpot in cyberspace?

Any feedback on your use of Facebook?

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

Postby minnesotainventor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:23 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Over 200 views...yet no comment on Facebook?

Facebook must be something people are even afraid to comment on...more or less experience? (Oprah does not own facebook so don't be afraid...it's Mr. Murdock)

I thought inventors generally have more courage than most to try or be open to new things? Is this a wrong assumption..any feedback?

Where is BSG when you need him? Or Michelle...Roger? anyone?

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

Postby minnesotainventor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:16 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Over 300 views and still no comments??? I'm ready to give up...

(in the voice of the count) ahhh ahhh ahhh ....let me count them again.... One view... Two views...ahh ahh ahh

Oh, speaking of count-ing....

Did anyone notice that Litroenergy Power Cells in the NASA TECH BRIEFs contest (contest just ended) was number one in the Sustainable Technology catagory for the 2nd year in a row for popularity? Our nearest competitor was over 30,000 less views than ours.

We are still in the running for the Grand Prize.

Thank you for your help if you visited our invention disclosure in that very prestigeous contest!

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

Postby admin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:04 pm

admin
Yellow Belt

I think this is a great idea, minnesotainventor. We'll definitely take a look at the requirements to do this, and talk about out here at the Spot. Of course we'd like to reach all of our fans out there. :)

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Sorry for not commenting earlier.

This holiday season was a really tough one and I have been very distracted. I think the idea is great and I hope we can do it.

Steve,

Would you be interested in being a moderator/team leader whatever it is that manages it with us. Roger knows it but I know very little about it?

Michelle

Postby minnesotainventor » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Sure, I would be happy to.

Oh, does this include use of the private InventorSpot jet..and a few weeks in the Hamptons each year? I assume a healthy yearly performance bonus is a given.

Seriously, would you like me to set it up or do you want to initiate it and just add me as an administrator?

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

Postby MOPAR78 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 am

MOPAR78
Blue Belt

Hey Steve, I sign up and sent you an invite. Hope other will get involved.