FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

No more car crashes!

Postby foland » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm

foland
White Belt

well i see this as a great idea but also an idea that will cost billions and trillions of dollars.

Instead of free driving basically we would just have some sort of conveyor belt system to guide the car to where it needs to go. this way ever car will be going the same exact speed and it can be a high rate of speed. There would be zero people killed in car accidents each year do to the conveyor belt pulling the car or "Passenger Holding cell". At the same time you could work in your car on your way to work or whatever without having to look at the road!

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Once the flying car becomes reliable they can be guided by gps. There is waayyy more room at higher altitudes. Local traffic would be lowest and slowest, express would be higher and faster. Yes, like the Jetsons.... do you know what Jetsons are? :)

Postby foland » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm

foland
White Belt

of course in know what the jetsons are ! :wink: im only 19 but striving for the big leagues!

Postby s8141523 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 pm

s8141523
White Belt

Hello Foland and welcome to Inventor Spot. I myself am rather new to the site as well so I will try not to sound like an arrogant prick.

But I have to tell you straight:

They've already designed magnetic rail systems for vehicles small and large that are far more capable and far more cost effective than conveyors. Not only is it far more efficient to use electromagnetic rails but much more reliable, because a rail doesn't stop turning - but a conveyor can.

On top of that, what would happen if one or multiple conveyor rollers stopped turning in the middle of a ultra high speed transference of a vehicle? I'm not sure WHAT kind of destruction would ensue. But I doubt it would be very pretty.

At any rate. I thought I'd give you a heads up before you put too much time and love into the idea. It's just not worth the money and the sheer amount of labor required.

Postby foland » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:16 pm

foland
White Belt

haha i agree. it wasnt anything i was looking into of course since i just threw the idea out there. I was also sure there would be much better ways to go about it, i was just thinking one day how it would stop traffic jams. It wouldnt of been anything i would put time or money even thinking about because i know i dont have the knowledge or resources.

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

s8141523 wrote:I myself am rather new to the site as well so I will try not to sound like an arrogant prick.

:lol:

Postby s8141523 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:19 pm

s8141523
White Belt

8)

Postby brack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm

brack
White Belt

Why can't the wind produced by passing cars be used to produce energy?

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I've thought about the same thing. Instead of using conventional turbines which are inefficient at low wind speeds use this:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 24763.html

I'd like to see interstates and other appropriate roadways across the country lined with 400' towers. People can't say it ruins the aesthetic beauty of the surrounding area because there is already a damn road there. That would also make them easily accessible instead of in remote areas.

Postby brack » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 am

brack
White Belt

Wow, there are a lot of smart people out there. I'm not a video watcher, but I'm glad I watched this one. There could be so many applications for this. Thanks BSG.
Next