FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Millennium Marketing Group, Scott Norman

Postby RSpace » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 pm

RSpace
White Belt

Millennium Marketing Group of Overland Park, Kansas, Scott Norman, www.patentmovers.com This is another one to stay far away from. I'm surprised that there's no mention of MMG in this forum.

I was a "client" of MMG, and wound up suing them. Mistakes can be easily made. I have a blog detailing the experience at www.mmgreview.com or www.patentmoversreview.com . Lots of people have contacted me thanking me for making the resource available. Wish I had had it in the beginning, that was the problem. Norman made the mistake of making some comments at the InventBlog and I took the opportunity to reply to him in detail in my own blog. Interesting reading for those who care. Maybe even a little explosive. Glad we have a First Amendment in this country.

MMG flies under the radar by exploiting a loophole in the American Inventors Protection Act that not many people are aware of. We all need to know about AIPA, and what it does and doesn't protect. Buyer beware...

Postby inventor-x » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Hi RSpace

Thank you for the Information & sharing your experience with us.

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

those links didn't show anything but script stuff.

MMG Links

Postby RSpace » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 am

RSpace
White Belt

Try them again. They're working fine out of my browser. I'm using Chrome a lot, and I do have problems with it, but in this case I can click directly on them and go right to the blog. It is a Typepad blog and maybe they're down now and then...

You can also Google patentmovers or patent movers (two words) and it will come right up on top... Right next to Mr. Norman's own site(s). Nice to have become his worst nightmare...

Postby StephenKey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:03 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Thanks for sharing.

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:36 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Stories like that are so typical in this field. That's why I would only trust companies that work on a percentage basis. If they think it is worth the investment they will work hard for success. Of course then the inventor is limited at the bargaining table. It's just too easy to sucker people in with a few words of encouragement about their invention and their ability to "do-it-yourself". The average backyard inventor hasn't got the skills/ability/connections to do it all themselves, yet there are people out there who will claim all you have to do is buy their product and it will give you everything you need to "Make Millions". Hogwash! :x

Postby StephenKey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:12 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Phil, every day there's inventors that do it themselves, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Please, everyone be very careful when a company wants to share any royalties. It's just another pitch.

Postby StephenKey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:17 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Phil, call me sometime..... it's free.,209 668 9478 and no I won't try to sell you anything.

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:51 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Stephen (can I call you Steve?) I'm sorry if I sound like a whiner. Scott Norman isn't even a "do-it-yourselfer". I guess I'm off topic. So, while I'm already off topic I might as well also apologize to you if it seems as though I am implying your program is not worth the money.

You're right, I've had too many bad experiences in this game. I'm not promoting my slings any more. I'm going to be an inventor mentor(tm).

Postby StephenKey » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Phil........ is that you? Sure you can call me Steve. I think it's great that you're sharing your experiences, even if they are negative.
Next