FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby mbradford » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:15 pm

mbradford
White Belt

That's so disappointing.

Seeing as how I have neither the money nor the time to operate my own business I'm going to have to make an educated gamble and hope for the best.

Thanks for filling me in.

Postby StephenKey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 pm

StephenKey
Blue Belt

It's like anything else, do your homework, be prepared, find someone that has done this before ,and get close to that person.

Postby Gizmo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Gizmo

mbradford wrote:That's so disappointing.

Seeing as how I have neither the money nor the time to operate my own business I'm going to have to make an educated gamble and hope for the best.

Thanks for filling me in.

Inventing is a gamble. If you beleive in your idea and have a good feeling in your gut you will find the time and money to make it happen. As I've said before there will be up's and downs thru the process, more downs than up.
Like Stephen said do your homework . Reasearch as much as possible. If it was easy everone would be doing it. It is unbeleivable how many patents are out there that never get to market.
I have one patent I have never tried to push to the industry. A week or two ago I ran up on a patent publication exactly like my patent ( same product ). For the life of me I couldn't figure out why a patent attorney would let another inventor spend his money on the application. If the attorney did a search he should of ran up on my patent. The claims were pretty much word for word like mine. All I could figure out was the inventor didn't want to pay for the search or the Patent Attorney was a gold digging lazy SOB.
Weigh all your options then make a decision.

Postby StephenKey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 pm

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Great advice.

Re: garment invention: need prototype to pitch for license?

Postby jrgallion » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:35 pm

jrgallion
White Belt

Hello mbradford,

Did you submit your invention to a company yet? There are several companies seeking ideas realted to your product mentioned in the free ebook www.inventorsphonebook.com

If you need a prototype you may want to try www.protosew.com

or

Lisa Lyod's services may be really helpful in your situation.
www.lloydmarketinggroup.com

Dream big,
Jason
Previous