FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

"Notice to Inventors" from American Inventor

Postby Contextion » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:12 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

NOTICE TO INVENTORS
PARTICIPATION HERE MAY BE CONSIDERED A "PUBLIC
DISCLOSURE" OF YOUR INVENTION, WHICH MAY
AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN A PATENT FOR YOUR
INVENTION.
INVENTORS SHOULD REFRAIN FROM DISCUSSING THEIR
INVENTIONS OR SHOWING THEIR MATERIAL
TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE PRODUCERS AT THIS
AUDITION.

They do not tell you this until after you travel all the way down there, wait in line for hours and then get registered. When I was waiting in line AI was filming inventors in line asking "what is your invention" and saying "its all right were with American Inventor" to all who seemed hesitant about reveling their secret to all those around. They also told you to get your invention ready to show the judges when you were still out in the hall where everyone could see your invention. I kept my invention in a briefcase to comply with their rule they posted on the wall and showed my invention to 4 people - 1 judge, 2 assistants and 1 camera man but I do not think they were producers. They constantly advised people to act against their 1 rule and began to wonder if they tricked me in showing my material to someone other than the producers.

Postby Contextion » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

NOTICE TO AMERICAN INVENTOR
ILL-COMMUNICATION HERE MAY BE CONSIDERED YOUR "PUBLIC
ANNIHILATION" OF YOUR NONSENSE WHICH MAY
AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN SPONSORS PAYING FOR YOUR
COMMERCIALS.
WATCHERS COULD PUT THEIR FOOT DOWN AND BOYCOTT YOUR
SPONSORS WHO PUT THEIR LOOT DOWN AND SABOTAGE YOUR FUTURE.
GET IT TOGETHER AND SET IT STRAIGHT. DONT STEREOTYPE PEOPLE
WHEN YOU SAY YOURE LOOKING FOR AN INVENTION BECAUSE PEOPLE
FIGHT FOR THEIR RIGHTS.

Postby Contextion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:18 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

AI has potential but they have sold out to being stupid. We watch the show to see inventions as was advertised. They only show a handful of crazy ideas and they try to build suspense which takes up too much time. They showed people waiting in line more than the inventions. They should just cut from invention to invention and leave out all the walking up to the judges. Maybe next year they can change their ways and change the name to The Real American Inventor.

Postby Contextion » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:05 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

The secret to getting on the show is when you are waiting outside in line and the 1st camera you see filming the line comes close you must do whatever possible to get the camera crew to talk to you. You must revel your invention even though it goes against their rules which you havent even seen yet and tell everyone your invention. The only people the camera crew talked to near me in line was the cake slicer, tennis shoe dryer and the tea4U couple and they all got on TV.

Postby 5rocks » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:27 am

5rocks
Green Belt

I agree Contection about the camera crew. And, if there are any people that have not figured out the way to get kicked off of the show yet, I can fill you in.........................................................................................................................Don't let em see you sweat!!!!!!