FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

phpBB user options

Postby AmericanCynic » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:06 am

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

Why are so many phpBB user profile options disabled or malfunctioning? I've selected the correct time zone and it displays properly whenever I go into my profile, but the forum itself always displays GMT rather than the zone I selected and gives all post times as GMT. Also, on all other phpBB forums, I can select how many posts to display on each screen, but that's not available here. Ten is just ridiculous in today's broadband world. It's too much clicking to go to the next ten and the ten after that...

strange behavior with phpBB profiles

Postby admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:18 am

admin
Yellow Belt

You're right, AmericanCynic. We're using some software glue to integrate our CMS software with phpBB. However, the integration is not perfect, which is why you'll see some strange behaviors in the phpBB side.

We do plan to fix the issues at some point in the near future. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: phpBB user options

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:26 pm

admin
Yellow Belt

We've migrated the InventorSpot Forum to its own site. Now you will be able to use the standard phpBB forum features which most of you should be familiar with, without the baggage of the former custom profiles.