FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Re: I-SPOT PRIVATE FORUM: Terms of Entry 1.0

Postby abacus » Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 am

abacus
Green Belt

It just sounded,PennyB,like a bad case of shoot first,ask questions later,and being a victim of your own success.I couldn't help but be amused by your nose-out -of joint,and accompanying surprise.

It doesn't seem like it happens too often.Very comical.

Is that English enough for you?

Adam

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

PennyB wrote:Bottleslingguy: I would like to get "worked up" but usually I tend toward steering more of an even keel. On the other hand, I can sling it with the best of 'em if duty calls. LOL!!
Thanks
Penny

You mean Mojo.

Postby Levi Porter » Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Penny,

This thread is the third thread to emerge from the pre creation of the private forum. It was intended to be just for people asking for entry. A lot of effort went into this, and I believe it's just a matter of organization.

Hope you can understand. It's nothing personal. I am sure we'll answer any questions we can that don't jeopardize our efforts in the other thread.

Sincerely,

Levi

Postby Scrupulous » Tue May 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Penny, If you've had a chance to read thru some of the history behind this, you would see that we had considered many of the concerns that any group would encounter if they set out to do the same thing, including confidentiality. We saw the we couldn't keep signing agreements every time someone proposed a new concept. We also wanted to avoid a situation where face-to-face meetings and identity verification were immediately necessary, because it would be too difficult to get everyone together in person one time, let alone on a regular basis. And, short of forming a legal business entity with a blanket agreement, which would've been impractical at the time and difficult to enforce, we settled on what would work. So, with the power of the "first-to-invent" US 1-year grace period at our service, and the impeccable security record with the "tank" so far, we do okay.

As you might have guessed, the private forum is for sharing/vetting concepts, among other things. Without getting into the specifics that we've discussed in the months since it's been established, I'd say it has been a priceless tool, which would not have been available to us otherwise. What direction(s) we take as a group has always been open for internal discussion and subject to refinement, as we continue experience things that have probably never occurred before. And, as always, we welcome new users to I-Spot (particularly those with some background experience to offer) and we ask them to consider becoming candidates for membership to this free private forum.

Scrup
Previous