FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Who is the mastermind behind InventorMentors?

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun May 31, 2009 6:31 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Who came up with the name? Who started gathering the staff? Who set up the site?

I think that person would be an awesome first interview. :lol:

I guarantee I won't get a straight answer to any of my questions.

Re: Who is the mastermind behind InventorMentors?

Postby Mark Reyland » Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm

Mark Reyland
White Belt

I am....and I would be happy to give you an interview

Mark

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun May 31, 2009 8:18 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

So much for guarantees... :lol:

Hi Mark! Welcome to ISpot.

Would you prefer a straight out Q&A, or dialog?

If Q&A what's your query limit? If dialog, would you prefer to just do a back and forth for a while?

Postby Mark Reyland » Sun May 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Mark Reyland
White Belt

Anyway you like....or you can call me if you want. Just do me a favor, take a look at the site before we talk so when I reference things on the site you will know what I'm talking about.

Plus, you’re a smart guy, I bet you will find it interesting….

Thanks

Mark

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:06 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

That's funny Mark. This is an interview not just for me, but for the readers. Why on Earth would I call you?

Anyway, InventorMentors is a really great name. How'd you come up with it? Along with that, I remember reading what you said about not spending much time on forums so I was surprised to see you recruited guys like Roger Brown, Stephen Key and isn't one of them also our very own CriterionD? That's quite a start for such humble beginnings. How'd you meet them?

And as a side note: I realize I am providing you with what you ultimately desire from this site, namely attention. So keep in mind that could all dry up very quickly. I would use this opportunity to answer as completely and honestly as I could being in your shoes.

Postby Mark Reyland » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:26 am

Mark Reyland
White Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:That's funny Mark. This is an interview not just for me, but for the readers. Why on Earth would I call you?

Anyway, InventorMentors is a really great name. How'd you come up with it? Along with that, I remember reading what you said about not spending much time on forums so I was surprised to see you recruited guys like Roger Brown, Stephen Key and isn't one of them also our very own CriterionD? That's quite a start for such humble beginnings. How'd you meet them?

And as a side note: I realize I am providing you with what you ultimately desire from this site, namely attention. So keep in mind that could all dry up very quickly. I would use this opportunity to answer as completely and honestly as I could being in your shoes.

Q) InventorMentors is a really great name. How'd you come up with it?

A= I didn't actually another person did, but it's a pretty well used name in the industry....and it rhymes :)

Q) That's quite a start for such humble beginnings. How'd you meet them?

A= I don't have very humble beginnings actually - I own a product development company and have been inventing and developing retail products for a long time now. Roger, Stephen...and many other professional inventors are fiends of mine and when I asked them to get involved they graciously said yes. As for Bill, he's a brilliant mind with great information to share for new inventors, they are very lucky to have him no matter where he is.

As a side note: I don’t believe I have ever been threatened in an interview before ….That’s a first. LOL

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:09 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Mark Reyland wrote:Q) InventorMentors is a really great name. How'd you come up with it?

A= I didn't actually another person did, but it's a pretty well used name in the industry....and it rhymes :)

A= I don't have very humble beginnings actually - I own a product development company and have been inventing and developing retail products for a long time now. Roger, Stephen...and many other professional inventors are fiends of mine and when I asked them to get involved they graciously said yes. As for Bill, he's a brilliant mind with great information to share for new inventors, they are very lucky to have him no matter where he is.

As a side note: I don’t believe I have ever been threatened in an interview before ….That’s a first. LOL

So you had the idea for an inventor mentoring website and someone you talked to about it came up with the name? Do they have a name?

What I meant by humble beginnings is that IM is a long way from your blog and you've said you don't spend much time in forums, I was wondering how this celestial alignment happened. Did you know Roger and Steve from outside the ISpot forum? How long have you known them? How did you come to network with the staff you've built?

Feel free to ramble and please don't take anything I write as threatening. :)

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Mark Reyland wrote:I am....and I would be happy to give you an interview

Mark

Hey Mark.
While awaiting your response to my earlier questions I poked around your blog and the IM site. It says Tania Reynaert is the founder. Are you or is she? Should I be interviewing her?

Postby Mark Reyland » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Mark Reyland
White Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:
Mark Reyland wrote:Q) InventorMentors is a really great name. How'd you come up with it?

So you had the idea for an inventor mentoring website and someone you talked to about it came up with the name? Do they have a name?

What I meant by humble beginnings is that IM is a long way from your blog and you've said you don't spend much time in forums, I was wondering how this celestial alignment happened. Did you know Roger and Steve from outside the ISpot forum? How long have you known them? How did you come to network with the staff you've built?

Feel free to ramble and please don't take anything I write as threatening. :)

Answer = I mentor several inventors from around the country at any given time. Many of them have come to me as the result of leaving forums that have become toxic. I hear them say all the time they wish there was a place they could go where there was good information from people who actually had some success in the business. Mentors if you will. So we all started talking about it, I asked some friends to join me in answering the questions and the inventors who are learning the ropes got together and started volunteering to manage the site and send the questions to the appropriate mentors when they are posted….simple really, give them what they were asking for. Over 50 people have joined in the last few days, so I guess more than just that handful of new inventors wanted a place like that.

Answer= I used to spend a lot of time in forums. In fact when I first started helping new inventors I spent thousands of hours posting inventor related topics …what I found was those people didn’t really want to learn, they just wanted to fight with each other and pick on whatever someone said. ….It was apparent that that “forum” is not the place to teach new inventors. So I started my Blog…. And that’s fine, many people read my blog, and I post some really good information there. But in the Library site it’s not just me helping, it’s many people ….and that’s always better....after all, I don't know everything.

Answer = I knew Roger and Stephen from EN….we were a few of the professionals that posted there. As for the “staff” I’m actually pretty well know in the industry (I think it’s my big mouth …lol) for helping inventors, and people know I don’t charge for mentoring people, so other professional inventors help me out from time to time, because most of us really just want to help.

Good questions....

Postby Mark Reyland » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Mark Reyland
White Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:
Mark Reyland wrote:I am....and I would be happy to give you an interview

Mark

Hey Mark.
While awaiting your response to my earlier questions I poked around your blog and the IM site. It says Tania Reynaert is the founder. Are you or is she? Should I be interviewing her?

hahaha....you can try....but she is very shy....

Tania is a great new inventor...and the driving force behind the "Vision" ....watch for her in the years to come!
Next