FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Swamp Truckers!

Postby Scrupulous » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:59 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Depending on who you ask...the Discovery Channel is clearly hurting for respectable viewing content.

As far as the world of invention goes, their show Pitchmen has gotten the closest so far to the plight of the American inventor. But I don't think it goes far enough. The Pitchmen show seems to hinge around products that have already been manufuctured, which is only a fraction of the viable products/ideas out there.

If there was a show that took inventors from start to finish, that would give viewers a good idea what the real challenges are for product ideas. I mean everything from financial backing to IP concerns to product design to operations and logistics to manufacturing to packaging to distribution, and so on. I'm talking about a show that features products that haven't even been produced yet. That would be a show...something like a combination of:

Pitchmen
I Want That
How It's Made
Deconstructed
Patent Bending
and
Prototype This!

Re: Swamp Truckers!

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:43 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I mean a show that chronicles the milestones and critical events for inventors, as their projects go from one stage to the next, and gives the viewers updates on past episodes, inventors, and projects...kinda like one long soap opera of good products.

Postby inventor-x » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:36 am

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Hi Scrupulous

Did you mean Swamp Loggers on the Discovery channel :?:

Is this in competition with Ice Road Truckers :?:

What comes to mind when you say Swamp Truckers is an old TV show called Gentle Ben.

The Swamp Truck they used in that show in my opinion was the first Monster Truck.

I know they have Swamp Buggy Races :?:

Monster Semi Trucks going through the Swamp & Racing :?:

Now is your chance to Pitch something to the Discovery channel since Billy Mays pasted away :?:

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Exxxxactly!

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Yeah, there is definitely a void to be filled (for all you video production type "risk-takers"/"daredevils"/"thrill-seekers"/...)