FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: citizen

Help for a lock problem

Postby Suit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Suit
White Belt

This would be more a technical help, but I need for a new invention.
Everything is basically done, only I have this problem with making a lock and all the system for it.

It's a simple lock, in red - they are metal pins, which moves in and out when the key is turned. Key system is in blue color and it closes both red locks and the claw. Originally the claw and lock moves up and down, but in my project it would be stable and that would be easier to make lock system.

Can you advice, how to make a simple and durable lock system that closes claw and moves in (claw is closed)/out (claw is opened) the pins (red stripes)

Thanks for advice, and if something isn't clear I could post more info.

Re: Help for a lock problem

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hi Suit, from what it sounds like, you're talking about a good deal of travel and/or torque to be generated by the simple turn of a key. I would consider making the the two capturing items spring-activated, and force the user to manually close/engage them. That way, the actual locks just release the spring mechanisms.

Re: Help for a lock problem

Postby Suit » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:16 am

Suit
White Belt

Thanks Scrupulous for your advice.

Yeah, the idea for springs, which are controlled with the main key is quite good. Now I have to think all mechanic scheme for the all key/lock system.

P.S.

If you have other ideas, you can post them, I will be happy to check them! :wink:

EDIT

I made small sketch with similar lock, but for doors, but I need drawings or closeup pictures with this lock in real life; or you could suggest any company, which makes similar door lock?!