FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

A weapon idea of mine.

Postby Aleucard » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Aleucard
White Belt

I value versatility very much, especially when it comes to fights. This particular weapon would serve 3 purposes; it could function as a close-range melee weapon, a mid-range projectile weapon, and some mild protection, mostly from melee strikes. I present to you, the Needle Shot (crappy name I know, but I don't do well with names).

It would look like a vambrace with a syringe-like spike coming out the front of it. The spike goes out around 3-5 inches from the clenched fist, is very lightly sharpened on the end, and has an angled head (similar to a syringe needle) of about 30 degrees or so. It has a hole inside it about 1/4 of an inch in diameter. The vambrace itself covers the entire forearm, from the elbow to the wrist. It has steel plating inside it, and kevlar or some similar substance on the outer layer. Towards the elbow, there's 2 detachable metal "lids" for containing 2 separate cartridges. One is a compressed-air or CO2 canister, which is the propulsion for the ranged aspect of this weapon. The other is an ammunition clip of sorts, holding specially sized, (usually) solid metal needles about 3 inches long. There is a pair of buttons on the inward-facing side of the weapon (spike goes on top) that, when pressed at the same time, fire a needle down the tube inside of the vambrace and out of the spike. The ammunition can be modified for various purposes (for example, inserting a hard-contact explosive into the core of the needle with obviously explosive results).

What do you think? It probably needs some refinement, and I'll definitely need to draw up a diagram (I suck with that sort of thing), but I think this is workable. Any help on refining this is appreciated!

Re: A weapon idea of mine.

Postby Derek Pater » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Derek Pater
Brown Belt

Sorry Mate, as a Former Soldier I will not become evolved with weapon Inventions, it’s just a matter of ethics for me, some Inventions like weapons are not positive for me.

If you had to watch the classified footage that I have seen you would look at this Invention very differently!
Because they Kill people, and these large weapons manufactures have this field very well covered.

How about you invent something positive, that helps people and makes their lives better! (lots of room to move in that) (its a dark place weapons)
Did you know in the U.S 30,000- people die per year from Guns, just pure crazy your gun laws.

http://www.inventionsecrets.net
:roll: :roll:

Postby Aleucard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Aleucard
White Belt

I generally prefer more pro-active courses of action. I want to prevent someone from committing evil in the first place rather than clean up the mess after. Things that improve the base quality of life are definitely needed; however, things that help defend it are, also. That's my philosophy.

Postby Derek Pater » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Derek Pater
Brown Belt

I generally prefer more pro-active courses of action. I want to prevent someone from committing evil in the first place rather than clean up the mess after. Things that improve the base quality of life are definitely needed; however, things that help defend it are, also. That's my philosophy.

The Australian Army taught me to be very clever in War and how to use all the senses that god gave me, it is quite easy to create a diversion and distract the Enemy even with very little fire power and weapons, about 6 years ago we played war games with your defence force U.S and beat them with little firepower and a small amount of man power, we drew them from their positions with fake cardboard Tanks that had camouflage netting on them and whatever else fake we could make.

So just because you have a crèche of weapons does not mean they cannot be turned against you!
Just talk to some Vietnam Veterans they will tell you!

You talk about mess, that's all the U.S has done with it's Foreige Policy since 1950's made a huge mess and created their own monsters like the CIA funding both "Sadam Iraq" agaist "Iran" and "you know who from Afganistan" against "Russia" all in the 80's and 90's, all U.S Money making their own problems, I know one thing I wish your new leader the best because he has a huge job ahead to fix all the problems previos U.S administations have made.

Vietnam is another classic "F" up all because someone in the U.S Came up with this Domino theory! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domino_theory

:roll: :roll: