FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Help with Patent Pending lighting accessory

Postby LiteSleeves » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 am

LiteSleeves
White Belt

Hello all,

I'm new to the Spot. I have a patent pending on a lighting accessory that works with spiral CFL bulbs, that I want to license, or produce. I need help finding interested parties. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help with Patent Pending lighting accessory

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Wow!

They wouldn't be called Magic Toobs, by any chance, would they?

Postby LiteSleeves » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:22 pm

LiteSleeves
White Belt

Why the "WoW!" No they wouldn't, they're called Lite Sleeves.

Postby jackbnimble56 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

I guess I need to weigh in on this one. This post appears to be from Gregg who e-mailed me at the Magic Toob site with this request:

“Jack,

Hello. I came across your invention, and it's a great one. I have a patent pending on a CFL bulb accessory as well, and was wondering whether you have interested parties in place for your product yet? I'm looking for companies interested in my product, and thought maybe you could help get me in front of some? My idea is not in direct competition with yours, it could actually compliment it. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. Gregg”

I directed him to this forum as a place to discuss his idea with others more knowledgeable than I and also directed him to e-mail me directly so that I could give him a suggestion or two for how he might proceed.

Gregg, for clarity’s sake you mention that your product is “patent pending”. Sometimes people tend to use that term rather liberally. Does this mean you’ve actually filed some sort of patent? If so, what type of patent has been filed? If you’ve actually filed something, you should feel free to discuss your idea in greater detail here. What else can you tell us?

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Sorry, I just thought "light sleeves" sounds similar to your product, Jack.

I'm probably mistaken, and I didn't mean to be off-putting.

Postby jackbnimble56 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

Scrup

No need to apologize, the similarity seems quite obvious based on the name alone. I was just trying to clarify the origin of the post. It actually sounds a lot like something Adam and I discussed some time ago. I don’t know if he ever did anything with it though…

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby Michelle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Is it really complementary? Would they go great together in one package? Maybe you can double up your efforts .... or sell them as a package when it makes sense?

Michelle

Postby LiteSleeves » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:15 am

LiteSleeves
White Belt

Gentlemen and Lady,

I had a patent search done early last year which was cleared, and a patent application was filed with the US Patent Office last August. The patent pending is for an inexpensive, one piece, translucent, flexible plastic cover that slips over any standard CFL bulb – giving it the appearance of a traditional incandescent bulb. Installs in seconds and instantly transforms the
harsh white light of a CFL bulb to a warm glow – or any variety of colors for decoration, mood or holiday use. Whether in a lamp, ceiling fixture or recessed “can” the Lite Sleeve brings back the smooth and beautiful look of an incandescent bulb, at a fraction of the cost of fragile glass bulb-shaped (A-Type) CFL’s. I am currently in talks with a few lighting production companies, but need to have a wider net, for bargaining and options. I'm looking for a company to license the product, or investors to begin production. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.