FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby DannyB » Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 pm

DannyB
Green Belt

BSG wrote: “Someone needs to sum up your progress though, because I think some people aren't even sure of what they are voting on. So many of the numbered points were vague and ambiguous leading to endless interpretations and a total loss of focus. Just trying to help.â€

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

In the intrest of moving ahead with the Inventors who have expressed interest and are willing to iron out the groundwork for the formation of a private forum based inventors think tank. I have revised the basic structure suggested by Glenn (who no longer wishes to participate?) to hopefully get us closer to finalizing the admittance and scope of the group. Here is what I have written:

1. Only serious apply, members should be willing to work within the constraints of the group.

2. Willing to sign a co-inventor agreement, with % share to be determined after the group’s inception. You MUST Participate to earn a %, if you are unable to work on a project then you must notify the group so all members know the available talent pool to complete the proposed projects.

3. Humility, All ideas should be given fair merit and members should be provided an environment where they feel comfortable sharing their ideas.

4. Kindness, when rejecting an Idea. If you don’t have something constructive to say (either positive or negative) don’t say it.

5. Scope of Inventors Guild, it is to be understood that the ideas we cultivate and focus our intellectual capital on are either of benefit to society or have mass market potential.

6. Must be willing to sign an NDA and co-inventors agreement.

7. Experience, many great ideas come from varied backgrounds and perspectives so we would welcome new and experienced inventors alike as long as they are willing to consider the ideas of others.

8. Entry into the group requires an unpatented idea that is on par with the scope of our group, no free rides.

9. At the inception we will vote and work on one idea at a time until such time, to be determined later, we have grown large enough to efficiently work on more then one.

10. We take the Idea to a working embodiment of the best solution (taking into account cost, pricing point, and other marketing considerations) at which time we seek protection of our collective Intellectual property and work out an exit solution for our invention.

11. Good Faith, we all have to trust and give the benefit of doubt to fellow members. In order for us to thrive we must utilize our strengths and help cultivate hidden strengths of our fellow members.

12. Live to invent do not invent to live.

13. We elect or appoint a 3 or 5 person board, they decide which ideas go forward and in what order. We should align our interest with successful inventors and successful companies that help inventors further their ideas and bring them to market. Our board should comprise at least in part key individuals who can provide experience and guidance in assessing which ideas to pursue and which to hold off on.

Postby Scrupulous » Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

It's looking better...

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 29, 2007 11:43 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Scrupulous,

I'm glad to hear you like the beginning structure. I know it still needs work but I think we can nail out the rest from this continuation point. Hopefully we can stay focused and finish up the finer points so we can get on to the fun part... Inventing :)

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed May 30, 2007 3:22 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

To DanB, :oops: I am sorry. I honestly feel bad you don't want your son back here. There is a lot to learn (although I guess the toilet humor has it's place?) here even for kids and I don't understand why you are so upset about my style of writing. I don't want to start a fight with you and really am concerned how negatively some people take what I say. Wasn't there a time we were friends? Gosh Darn! I mean don't like real corporations and business people get passionate too? :shock: (Oh no! I've said it... the dreaded "P" word.) Really Dan, take it easy, I'm not trying to take over the group.

Even if you take my position as that of a "Devil's Advocate" or someone standing up from the back of the room yelling, "Hey guys I think you're missing some finer points and if some of us are going to stay in the room you need to clarify what you are saying." (I probably needed to take a couple breaths because I was yelling, but I hope you get the picture.

Let's take 'em as I sees'em.

1: No problem. I agree everybody should be serious. Serious about what? Does it mean no joking around serious? Or, yes I really want to make money seriously? Or I am serious I really want to change the world? I am serious I will not speak out when I see something not making a lot of sense? Or is this just a bunch of guys who want to consider themselves the "Elites" of the group?

2: The "must participate" part is unclear in what it means. Who determines the value or percentage of my participation?

3:Raises so many more questions I don't have time to write them all now because I have to go to work in two hours.

4:YahVol (sic) Mein Kapitan! And what does kindness have to do with being constructive?

5:Fine with me.

6:Depends on what the NDA says. It would be nice to read it before I agree to agree with it.

7:Vague. Elitist. Opens the door to tons of condescension.

8:Really? So who determines the par? More elitist nonsense. That rule was a waste of letters.

9:Is a goal-task and not a rule. It is a plan that will never be able to be quantified. Work on one idea at a time? That's crazy. "Determined later"? when at what point, and by whom?

10:This is whimsical- "the best solution"... right, it would take several decades to get to that point doing one project at a time. Can't people around here multitask?

11:So far this one is hypocritical in practice. "Good Faith" to one person means something completely different to smeone else. I have been writing with "Good Faith" all along and some people are demonizing me. Nice :cry: (look, now you made me cry)

12:Should be the motto. What does it mean? Is it a caveate to not sit at your computer all day with an empty fridge?

13:I think they've already elected themselves and dislike me with a passion............ :shock:
Last edited by bottleslingguy on Wed May 30, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

think tank

Postby Roger Brown » Wed May 30, 2007 3:22 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Should each member give a bio of themselves so all other participants know their backgrounds? I think that would give other members a base so they know their strengths and weaknesses. It may also spark an idea knowing different fields they can draw upon.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed May 30, 2007 3:29 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Hey Roger, I was wondering where you were on all this. :)

I think that's a great idea.

Postby Average Inventor » Wed May 30, 2007 7:54 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BSG,

Many have tried...all have failed but I'm asking you as direct as possible. Please leave this thread.

You have already said your out and the main reason I see this thread as being so hard to follow and off topic at times all boils down to you. You repeatadly have to explain yourself and comment about completely unrelated
information and I believe you are trying to undermine the effort. You can post anything you want in any other topic you please... but if you go back and read this thread from the first post you will see that many have expressed interest and then said they don't want to be a part if you are involved. Let's just leave it at that. We have tried to be less direct but have some respect for the rest of us and stop posting in this thread. Thanks!

Postby Michelle » Wed May 30, 2007 10:00 am

Michelle
Black Belt

BottleSling:

Please do not post anything more on this thread (absolutely NOTHING) or you will be blocked from the site...permanently.

I have not had time to read what has been going on carefully but I have received complaints.

Until I can read for myself what is happening, I am going to ask you Bottle Sling to stop posting in this thread. If I feel it is appropriate for you to continue discussions here, I will personally invite you back in.

Sorry to everyone for not following what has been going on. With the new press release out today, with all the new writers and all the site issues, I have let the forums run with only quick scanning from me.

I will review everything tonight.

Michelle
InventorSpot.com

Your list 1 through 13.

Postby mojo62 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:29 am

mojo62
Black Belt

AI,
I think your list is right on for the startup. I was trying to move to a different thread (out of respect to Glenn) to continue with the serious players. I would like to fit in and be an asset to this Inventors Guild tm.
Wherever the thread happens, I would like to be a part. I admire the serious participant's persistance. It has been obvious to me who has
been and will be serious to help this be successful, which I still think it will be. YES to items 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13. AI, thanks for holding it all together.

Regards,
mojo
PreviousNext