FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Re: Great Invention, No Money?

Postby jonbuford » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:48 am

jonbuford
White Belt

I'm currently trying to build a community foundation for startups here in HK, since there are quite a few here but they don't tend to cooperate. Personally, I was starting to build a viable steady income via invention licensing but the bottom dropped out of the toy market right about the time that I started to work on developing a task management system as a startup about 2 years ago. I'm trying to wrap up that project now (tasksee.com) by partnering up with another local software developer to help with the final development and promotion as I've reached a point where balancing consulting work and growing the service is too much for my resources.

My next project will be of great interest to your members here, as I'm trying to work on something that will help revise the invention licensing process to fit today's climate. I can't really get into the details, but should have something interesting within the year.

Separately, I am still in the inventing industry, and have projects that I am trying to find the right way to move forward with, which may be assisted by creating a new kind of ecosystem.

Re: Great Invention, No Money?

Postby jonbuford » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:57 am

jonbuford
White Belt

JoeWaisman wrote:Lots of interesting reading linked to that twitter account. So far two of my favorites are:

http://startupshk.posterous.com/redligh ... gmentation

http://hackfwd.com/documents/The%20Hack ... eprint.pdf

I never used Twitter before last December, since I thought it was just how people talked about what they had for breakfast or found out what their favorite celebrity had for breakfast, but it is really the main way that I keep up on current news within industries, and would be a very good tool for someone trying to learn about a particular industry they are not that deep into.

Mentioning hackfwd, another thing that I'm trying to work on here for HK is a microfinance incubator, which would work something like their system. Potentially I think we might be able to build it into this co-work/maker/hacker/art/social network of spaces that we will kick off here in the next two months (we still are early enough that I don't have a name yet).
Previous