FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Infant footwear prototype

Postby fargoinventor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 pm

fargoinventor
White Belt

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable company that could help me develop a prototype for infant footwear?

Thanks!

Fargo Inventor

Postby Michelle » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Are you looking for a shoe company and someone who specializes in certain materials?

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:05 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I remember the days when you can walk into a shoe shop and ask the shoesmith to make whatever shoes you like. That's not that far away, about 30 years ago.

If I want a pair of shoes prototype just out of leather, I probably will just made them myself. Use leather and glue. Yes glue.

Postby fargoinventor » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 pm

fargoinventor
White Belt

Michelle wrote:Are you looking for a shoe company and someone who specializes in certain materials?

Not sure. I guess I am looking for someone or some company to create a kind of soft-soled baby shoe according to my design specifications.

Do I really need a prototype built? Or can I just modify an existing pair to get my point across? I have already done that but it doesn't look very professional.

Thanks for your input.

Postby fargoinventor » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:22 pm

fargoinventor
White Belt

makeworldbetter wrote:If I want a pair of shoes prototype just out of leather, I probably will just made them myself. Use leather and glue. Yes glue.

See my comment above. Do I really even need a prototype? I have modified a pair of shoes I bought at a store and they work great. I am not looking at manufacturing the shoes myself. Instead I would probably want to sell the idea or get a percentage of the sales. So do I really need to have a finished pair as a prototype if that is the case?

I am new to this inventor thing, so any insight would really, really help!

Thanks

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Then they are your prototype if they can show your point.

Re: Infant footwear prototype

Postby inventor_jun » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 pm

inventor_jun
White Belt

Looking for infant footwear prototype? Try to search by using any search engine by typing the keyword "infant footwear prototype", after that you will find manufacturer with provided picture or prototype.
When it comes to providing own prototype and selling it to any manufacturer, that's good idea. But make sure that such prototype is accessible online.