FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Live Blog and Shwo Recaps on InventorSpot Starting this Wed

Postby Michelle » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:50 am

Michelle
Black Belt

You can read more about what we have planeed for our live blogs at http://inventorspot.com/best_live_blog_ ... n_inventor

We hope you will join us to provide comments and share the fun here on Wednesdays until the show is done.

Postby AmericanCynic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:16 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

I'm not sure that live blogging is anything more than a gimmick. It puts Seth under pressure to post something even if he's not sure what it is. For instance, the comment he has in the first blog about the straps that he says are for holding a cap on. That's completely wrong. The guy explained that it's to keep your head from drooping in any direction if you fall asleep. It's dumb, really, since you can get one of those inflatable u-shaped pillows if you want to sleep sitting up, or even use a neck brace. But that's just one of the several comments Seth made along the lines of not being sure what he saw. I think I'd rather pass on the "live" aspect in favor of accuracy. Live but inaccurate gives the very bad impression that all you care about is being first.

Postby Michelle » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:42 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks for the comments.

We try to do the live blog and then take some time to update it as a show recap for final posting.

The live blog came about as a request from many who wanted to chat and discuss the show while it was going on.

I personally think its fascinating to see people's reactions to things as they are happening.

It's not so much about being first as anyone blogging about it would be blogging at about the same time. It's about sharing in the experience.

I agree that the blog recap may not be completely accurate but that's what the comments are there for, to have viewers correct Seth and also share their views of what they are watching.

I guess if you want accurate reporting on the episodes, you may not find not find it here but you will find a community having a lot of fun watching and enjoying the show together...well, as much as you can in the internet world. :)

Again, thanks for the comment. I will raise it with our team whether we think it worthwhile to do a separate show recap that is more accurate and thoughtful than the live stuff.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Live Blog and Show Recap for Episode 202 - or Episode 2 of Season 2 of American Inventor is here.

http://inventorspot.com/abc%2526%252303 ... _live_blog

Postby Contextion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Is there a new link for tonight? When I hit the above link I get access denied.

Postby Michelle » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Should be on home page a few minutes before the show starts.

I hope this week's show is better.