FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

virtual prototype services

Postby VAL2 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm

VAL2
White Belt

I just add my company to the services list but thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Val Valgardson. I run a company called Suburban Artworks.

We do renderings, sell sheet, and animations.

We can create the models from your sketches but if you already have 3D files we can use those. By using your 3D file our prices are greatly reduced.

we can make them photo real and I mean Photo. We use the same software that is used in the movies and advertising world.

Is there a question you would like to ask? I'm happy to discuss the what and how of it all.

http://www.suburbanartworks.com/ check us out.

thanks

Val

Re: virtual prototype services

Postby VAL2 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:31 am

VAL2
White Belt

I just wanted to say we have added cad modeling to our list of things we do.

thanks

Val

Postby VAL2 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:42 pm

VAL2
White Belt

I was reading on line in a set of inventor forums that there is some confusion of what a virtual prototype was. It seems people mistake it for images created from them. A 3D CAD file or any 3D file can be a virtual prototype and depending on what software you use it in can generate a lot of information. the following image is of a 3D cad file. Image
and depending what file format you send it in can be used by companies to produce a rapid prototype or the actual prototype.
the next following image is a rendering from a virtual prototype. It's use is for sell sheets and other 'looks like' activities necessary in pitching an idea.
what the image doesn't do is hold any 3D information. I know for those who understand this it seem simplistic but there are those out there who mix this up.

Postby VAL2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 am

VAL2
White Belt

I Just uploaded a New Demo Video of an imaginary product on our site. It shows how an animation can help sell an idea. http://www.suburbanartworks.com/imagepage/movies/GIG2.mov

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Great work. Nice clean style and very effective.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby VAL2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm

VAL2
White Belt

Thanks Roger.
I made the animation as a demo of course but what the thing is was me thinking of a logo/mascot for the company. Seemed appropriate since I feel like I am that flying pig. I haven't decided if it will be the logo yet but....

Postby VAL2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:17 pm

VAL2
White Belt

Suburban Artworks just had nice write up in Inventors Digest December issue.

Val

Postby VAL2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:49 pm

VAL2
White Belt

I thought I would post an image that explains the steps to create a rendered image from a 3D model.
The first is to build the model. in this instance I built it as a solid. this way it can also be sent out for manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
A texture is applied to the model (the text and pictures on it). The correct materials are applied making sure the materials act the same way they would in the real world.
The next step is is to create a set, which is a camera and lights. It also needs something for it to sit on to give it a sense of reality. for this set up I used the standard 3-point light technique, and the final results.

Cheers

Val

Postby ATtheLake » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:07 pm

ATtheLake
Yellow Belt

It looks like you do top-notch work!

Postby VAL2 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:33 pm

VAL2
White Belt

Thanks Atthelake,

I am posting an image of some work I am allowed to show. I collaborated with Jack Landers on the Sell Sheet. He wrote the copy and I did the image. I also did the Logo that is at the front of the table. The product is called ShurAtak and is the idea of Walter Nagel and his son Wally Nagel They are at the Las Vegas Hardware show Image
Next