FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Inventor Thanks Roger Brown and Mark Reyland

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Mark Reyland of the UIA and myself talk with hundreds of Inventors every year trying to give them a realistic view of the inventing industry and how to make informed decisions as they move forward. It is always great to hear from those Inventors as they find success. To often all we see on the internet in forums are those that are disgruntled and trying to defame the reputations of those actually trying to help.

Here is a letter from one of those Inventors that will hopefully inspire others to do their research and make decisions based on facts and not unrealistic expectations.

About three years ago I met Mark Reyland through a popular inventor’s forum. I was impressed with his willingness to give of his time to educate other about the invention process, mentioning several times that self-education was the key to success in the invention business.
I also enjoyed posts by Roger Brown and others that gave of their time without asking anything in return. Little by little I began educating myself.
A little over two years ago I had fall out with a popular product submission company. Luckily it didn’t involve much money lost, just a lot of time, effort, and emotional energy which had taken a toll on me.
I told Mark what had happened and that I was done with consumer products inventing; I was going to focus more on high tech invention that was more in line with what I did for a living. Mark suggested I send him some ideas under an NDA and immediately told me that I was making a big mistake by giving up on my consumer product inventions.
I decided to take his advice and forwarded my ideas to a handful of select inventor-friendly companies making sure I followed carefully the advice that I was given by Mark and Roger, and I’m glad I did. Within the last two years I’ve licensed two products, one of which - Ninja Chopsticks ® -hit store shelves last March. I also have had other products looked at favorably and are close to licensing, some by other avenues and through great friendships I’ve made along the way.
Thank you, Mark, for all your hard work and dedication to the inventor’s community, and especially for those long discussions over the phone. I too make it a habit to help those along their journey as you have helped me.
Best Regards
Juan

Help support Juan as he moves forward and check out his product and tell your friends.
http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Chopsticks- ... B007MAMOA0
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Re: Inventor Thanks Roger Brown and Mark Reyland

Postby ATtheLake » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:47 pm

ATtheLake
Yellow Belt

Nice Post! :D

Always good to hear about someone actually making it! which seems to be a rare thing some days.

I am hopeful this might be the year I can say I got a licensing contract as well...

Take Care All :mrgreen: