FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Talked to Spencers

Postby artbum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:47 pm

artbum
White Belt

Hello forum. So I sent a sell sheet to a buyer from Spencers Gifts for a product idea. I have no prototype. Just an idea. Not even a provisional. I'm going the Roger Brown way and only sending my beautifully designed sell sheets.

So, she replied:

Please send a sample in when they are available to the address below. We will review it to see if it is something we would like to test."

Well, like I said; no prototype. I had mentioned to another buyer from there that I am a product developer and therefore only have ideas, and if they work that way. She had replied:

We see product ideas and we can give you manufacturing contacts but we don’t’ get in the middle from there. I can give you feed back on ideas and tell you if they would work for us though.

So, I am wondering if I should tell this other buyer that I only have the idea, no manufactured product. OR, if it is possible to make some kind of sample oversees or here maybe, but I doubt it since I am dead broke atm.

Would any Chinese manufacturer make a sample on spec? So if it actually sells and Spencers places a test order, the manufacturer would make and sell them.

What to do.