FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

NEW LIGHT SOURCE DISCOVERED - FINANCING NEEDED

Postby minnesotainventor » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

I have placed information on this new discovery in the classified section, please review that information.

We have created a non-toxic, low cost light source that is stable and constant that lasts about 12 1/2 years (creates no heat). The application of the light source can be done with plastic injection, painted, etc. This lighting source can be used in variety of applications. Think about not having to turn on a light switch to see something in a closet - light is already on and ready. Light on poles, signs, buildings, cars, stairs, clothes, etc.

2.5 million is needed primarily to get the manufacturing ready to supply the material to OEM's.

Please reach me if you have financing capabilities, Angel, VC's, etc.

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

minnesotainventor@yahoo.com
763-528-3885

Forgot to mention...

Postby minnesotainventor » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:13 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

The light source does not need any electricity or sun...it is always on!

Thanks, Steve Stark

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:52 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

So you can't turn it off?

Postby minnesotainventor » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:47 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

You can not turn it off. I envision some creative ways to block the light if desired...but it keeps going. It is ideal where you always want light, like in a closet, drawer, under a boat (attracts fish), safety things, etc. I could go on and on...but, we will supply the material and the world can modify it for everyone's needs/products.

At our plant we can turn it into gels, spray paint, paint, and various ways for injection molding. The applications are amazing for this flexible light source material. What I like also...is the low cost to produce the material.

Sincerely,
Steve Stark

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:38 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Ok, but that's important to know. You'd need to take that into consideration of course and it limits your applications but doesn't kill the idea. I'm not even sure I'd want to paint my closet with it, you'd still have a glow coming from under the bottom of the door, but places like a car trunk, inside a refrigerator, offices or other workplaces might be a start. Grocery stores or really most any store because then it would be illuminated (at no extra cost) when the store is closed and help with security. How about it's effect on plants? Is the light spectrum anywhere near what plants would use?

The thought of painting roads with it might be a consideration, but now we're getting into the problem of light pollution. Controlling it is going to be a tough nut to crack but there will certainly be some energy saving uses for it.

Postby Road Show » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:51 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Sounds like a material that can find an unlimited number of applications, bound only by the imagination. BSG came up with a few...I would think Airports could use this for everything from stripping the runways to signage. I just have one reservation...when you say "spray paint" all I can think of is the $$$ you will make off the graffiti artists here in So Cal, and the how the city will now have a permanent glow about it!

RSG

Postby renebruce » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:41 am

renebruce
White Belt

When can I get some samples ????

Rene

:)

Postby minnesotainventor » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:18 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Some great applications! Imagination in the applications will help the success of the light source material awareness and adopting thereof. We mainly want to supply the material to OEM's.

I think a lot about the graffiti artists as well. It will be unique and hopefully more safety minded uses will be seen. Dark alleys will now be lighted. We plan to come out with various colors, that should make them happy.

We want samples to be ready for everyone as soon as possible. That is why the 2.5 million investment is needed, to supply the material. We are planning for the demand of the material to be high and we need to be at a point where we can deliver to anyone. We have some major corporations looking at partnering with us. We look forward to meeting with more and finding the right fit.

It would be a shame to sell it all to one company and go the way of the electric car (Who Killed The Electric Car? "The Movie/documentary") this is a must see if you have not seen it.

Steve

Postby Road Show » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:31 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

If a version of it could be made non-toxic and inert to skin contact, then this would be wonderful around Halloween, street fairs, and general vehicle and pedestrian safety needs. I think you have a real winner. I wonder if Evergreen IP would be interested??

Yes...samples here too please!

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:34 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Steve,

What sorts of testing have been done? Like, do you know the effects it has on plants? Molds? Would it inhibit fungal growth? Would you need to say, paint an entire ceiling with it to light a room or just something like a parabolic lens? Can it be focused in a beam or is it too diffused? Nautical navigation comes to mind (bouys, docks, lighthouses etc.). Camping equipment, survival gear, aircraft interiors/exteriors. How can the material be manipulated, in other words, do you have to physically cover it to turn it off or can you mix it with something to make it temperature sensitive so it reacts when the Sun goes down or does cold temperature affect it in a detrimental way? Does temp degrade or enhance it's effect? You said it was non-toxic, how do you know that? What are its effects to the environment when pured down a drain? I imagine the sewer system would benefit from that by illuminating it whereby the workers wouldn't need to bring flashlights. :lol:
Next