FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Re: Rusty = Rodney

Postby Road Show » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:"Rusty,"

The way you keep arguing for this one invention like it's heaven-sent without commenting on anything else on this site, I'm pretty sure you're Rodney Skinner himself. That last post was especially and embarrassingly transparent. I'll have to give you a "no." Are you totally shocked?

This is too much, LOL! Three points for AC on this one!

If Oral B cannot make a similar "alternative brushing concept" work...what's there to talk about? The relative merits of one proven flop over an unproven potential flop? C'mon...at least the finger condom wasn't likely to kill someone! Putting an age appropriate label is going to prevent kids from choking on these things? This is the kind of naive thinking that kills businesses...one lawsuit and BAM!! it's all over. Sorry Rodney, but I would urge you to get back to other ideas and let this one go.

RSG

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:21 pm

rusty
White Belt

Road show you are not the AUTHORITY on this and Negativity drives many things, this is less of a hazard than a loose glob of Bubblious in every kids mouth, just like guns and beer the "Quickie" has age limits, it is negative loud mouths like you that drive my ambition to succeed, so keep your negitvity to yourself (i know you can't do it but try just like momma told you) and watch out! those Quickies are coming....

Postby Road Show » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

It's not negativity, Rusty. I had a daughter almost choke to death on a little sticker, so I know what I'm talking about. Kids still find their parent's guns and accidentally shoot each other. If you introduce a product that has the potential to harm children, then perhaps you can tell me just how many choking deaths are tolerable? Negativity? Maybe the profit potential you perceive has blinded you to the reality of a product that an outsider can at least offer an objective opinion that differs with yours without it being "negative". I won't even wish you good luck if you move forward with this because I truly believe some children will die.

RSG

Postby toyotaboy02 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:46 pm

toyotaboy02
White Belt

Oral-B already tried a similar and superior idea with their fingertip Brush-Ups. They discontinued them last year

What?!! that sucks, I actually liked that product. They were great on the go, when you just don't have time to brush in the morning.. I kept a stack of them in my car.

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:51 pm

rusty
White Belt

it's possible to choke on one yes! but it's not going to be my mistake if your kid chokes on a Quickie just like it's not a Smith and Wessons fault if you kid finds your gun and kills himself, or it's not Jack Daniels fault if your kid gets into your Liquor Cabinet and drinks himself to death and i don't see Chewing gum with age limits or gum companys being sued!

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm

rusty
White Belt

toyotaboy02 take a look at www.quickiemouthcleaner.com and tell me would you consider using one of these "Quickies"

quickie

Postby Roger Brown » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Rusty you may be correct about the gum companies and liquior companies not being sued (although I do belive the liqiour companies have been sued with varying results), but you are overlooking one major factor. There products have a large user base and is very marketable. If you were to get yours off the ground I believe it would be a small niche market and not enough to sustain a viable business. Plus, as you casually put it
it's possible to choke on one yes! but it's not going to be my mistake if your kid chokes on a Quickie

You may be correct, it won't be your fault, but I bet you would be broke trying to defend against the first lawsuit you got filed due to a child's death.

There are a number of areas that pose a huge libility to any company. Anything that goes in your mouth has a potential to do harm and thus opens that company up to libilities. Your insurance coverage would be horrendous and i don't think your profits would cover it. I am not trying to be negative, just realistic.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby toyotaboy02 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:59 pm

toyotaboy02
White Belt

no, I wouldn't use the quickie mouth cleaner. Oral-b had something good.. the paper had the right texture for scrubbing, combined with the minty (swallowable) paste. Rubber doesn't seem to make a very good brush.

Postby renebruce » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:26 am

renebruce
White Belt

I would NEVEr use this product, as I use a sonic care ( tons better then a toothbrush) and you have to be kidding if your day is such you can't take 2min to brush your teeth at least every morning.. give me a break! That's why oral-b canned it... not gonna sell ! Not 2 be negative, just being honest... ya know what, go ahead and dump a bunch of $$$ and have fun, just don't come crying when your butt gets buried in legal fees ( maybe maybe not) u might have a ton to toss and doing this item is just ego driven. Anyhow I'm sure you have other ideas, so get cracking on them ! Lets see what else ya got !!!??? :D

Rene

ps. I really am glad I don't know anyone to busy to brush in the am.. !

pps. Let me add this, have your done street market test.. meaning have you say gone to a mall and sat down, and had say more then 50% out of 100 people look you straight in the eyes and say I will buy one right now, after using your great item I really need to buy one now ? if u can answer yes, then your in...
ppps. What about them people with short tongues ??? they won't be able to get to the front of there front teeth, that's the most important part for picts !

Move to American Inventor discussions

Postby Michelle » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 am

Michelle
Black Belt

This discussion has nothing to do with the purpose of Inventor Classified section. So I am moving it to the forum for American Inventor show discussions.

viewtopic.php?p=3600#3600

This thread will now be closed to new postings. Please go to
viewtopic.php?p=3600#3600
to discuss this show further

Thanks
PreviousNext