FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Comments

Postby admin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm

admin
Yellow Belt

Thanks for the report. You're probably using Safari as your browser. I do also, but the rich text editor that we use doesn't work completely with Safari yet. I do hear that there is an update coming soon, but it's not here yet.

The problems with the comment box are tied into other parts of the system, so it's not going to be a quick fix. We're aware of the problem and will fix it as soon as we can.

Most of us here do use Macs, so they won't be ignored. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Postby AmericanCynic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:28 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

It doesn't look like it works with Firefox, either. I posted a comment in the AI episode 6 recap and the em tags themselves show up on-screen as plain text. I'm thinking this code was designed to work with IE and IE only. There seem to be a lot of missing Javascripts around the site as well, since I get warnings about missing scripts when most pages load.

And can we please get rid of "Notify me when a reply is posted" as the default? It's a pain to have to keep unchecking it.

Browser troubles

Postby admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:30 am

admin
Yellow Belt

Ah, I see the mixup, there is a difference between the editors in the forum and the main site. The main site's editor is HTML only, the forum allows both HTML and BBCode.

The <em>em</em> tags in the forum have been enabled.

The editor in the main site, which is TinyMCE by the way, does have some issues with Safari. They're promising better Safari support in a future version, and will roll that out as soon as they release it and we can test it.

We'll look into the default behavior of the "Notify me..." option when posting in the forum.
Previous