FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

The couple with the teapot

Postby v8 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:11 pm

v8
White Belt

The couple with the teapot who almost made it to the final 3 were something else!

They're married, we get! They love each other, we get it! All that affection all the time, get a hotel room!

They're retrofit teapot is useless too!

I am one of the biggest tea drinkers ever. I drink green tea, black tea, jasmine tea, iced tea, you name it. I would never buy their "retrofit" tea thingy that goes on a coffee maker.

I have used a coffee maker for years. I just place the loose leaves or bags in the glass kettle, pour water in the top (the same like you do with coffee) and flip the switch on. It's that simple, no retrofit needed. After the tea brews, you just pour from the glass kettle through a simple hand-held strainer (available anywhere, especially in Asian stores) and drink away!

Postby Road Show » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:58 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Tell ya what...they are the classic example of locking onto a product idea with no desire to learn a thing about marketability before heading off the "slay the dragon". Lots to learn fellow inventors...better to learn from the mistakes of others; the alternative is costly.

RSG

Postby AmericanCynic » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

I had the exact same reaction every time they smooched: GET A ROOM, YOU TWO! Then again, take a good look at them. I think it's safe to say neither of them have many other prospects, so it's understandable they'd really hang on to each other for dear life. :twisted: No, I'm not just talking about their looks, although the woman was absolutely freaky. They're a couple of kindred New Age nutjobs, too.

As for brewing loose leaf tea, a tea infuser works fine and costs only several bucks. If water that's too hot is a concern (as they claim), just add some cold tap water to cool down your cup before dropping in the infuser. How hard is that? Shouldn't take much. They claim water that's too hot "burns" the leaves. Water under atmospheric pressure can't get any hotter than 212ºF. And their design company told them coffee makers can't put out water that's hot enough at only 190º. That's not much of a range between 190 and 212. A tablespoon or two of cold water should be enough for a cup.

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:18 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Do you believe 80% US household takes tea?

Maybe once a year.

If we are talking about daily user, I believe that number will drop to liek 10%

Postby toyotaboy02 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:42 pm

toyotaboy02
White Belt

I drink a lot of tea, but I often buy pre-made stuff. When I actually do brew my own tea, I use a teamaker (similiar to a coffee pot, but makes much more tea, and you add ice to it). That retrofit idea is completely retarded, for the same price I can buy a seperate tea maker.