FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

I spent years in my garage [on that crayon sketch] now this.

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:07 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

That's what Greg Chavez said right after he won the "million" dollars.

But, here's a pretty interesting news article for all you AI fans...

a pretty interesting news article for all you AI fans

The funny thing is that Fireman Chavez supposedly comes from a wealthy family that's well-connected with the entertainment industry.

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:06 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Wasn't there just recently a big controversy in Britan over rigging reality shows? And I recall something about actors supposedly being used the first season too.

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:31 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hmm... :?

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:22 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

This is TV. There is no secret they pick base on effect on rating. They spent more air time on black cougar than most finalist... hahaha

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:16 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Make, then why would you audition?

Postby toyotaboy02 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:47 pm

toyotaboy02
White Belt

actually it's not the same invention. True they're both angels that sit atop a christmas tree, but putting a smoke alarm inside the angel merely alerts you sooner than a smoke alarm on the ceiling, but doesn't actually do anything about the fire.. so while you MIGHT get out of danger in time, it won't save your house. Clearly the guardian angel is a better product.

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I would agree with you, toyotaboy2, but I think you missed the point.

Postby Road Show » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:37 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

The sad part is that this is exactly why these guys are in control...they get to see your invention, and if they like it, they can reinvent it, improve it, and have an actor play the role of the "inventor". There's no way to prove they did that. What a rip for inventors.

RSG

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:11 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:Make, then why would you audition?

If it's not much effort and good chance to show your product on TV, why not? I mean, if it's a good product worthy.
If it isn't. maybe it''s for the best not to show a half baked pastry to the show.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:19 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Road Show wrote:The sad part is that this is exactly why these guys are in control...they get to see your invention, and if they like it, they can reinvent it, improve it, and have an actor play the role of the "inventor". There's no way to prove they did that. What a rip for inventors.

RSG

There is no reason to believe they would hire actor to do that. I don't think Greg Chavez is an actor. Someone at firehouse even confirm he does work there, isn't he?

I think there are some stinking parts about this program. For example they didn't spend 50K on each finalist. Why? Since they hand picked the invention firm to help develop the final product, some major kick back is more than linkly. Besides those firm can show their face on TV. You know what I mean?
The show didn't come up 1 million dollar prize either, it came from sponsors of the show. In exchange their name got mentioned on TV..
Maybe they even make money that way...

It's a lot easier for them to make money as media rather than copy an invention.
Next