FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Eric Thompson's Company.....

Postby pktwatch » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:46 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

I met American Inventor Finalist, Erik Thompson at the casting call for Everyday Edisons in Chicago. He, along with his partner Danard Bailey
were working the line of people waiting to get in for a interview. They were passing out a bag with items about his new company and giving pep talks. I spoke with them for several minutes and they seem like genuine people, however when we got inside the staff of Everyday Edisons made a point of telling us that they were in no way affiliated the Eric, Danard or their company. They also said to make sure to read the fine print before signing with ANY company.

So, has anyone had any dealing with them? What is your opinion of the company and what are they doing for you? What are they charging for their services and what exactly are their services?

Butch

Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:21 am

Michelle
Black Belt

You can find out more about Erik and Danard on their site http://www.thepitchcoach.com.

As far as I understand it, they offer personal consulting to help coach inventors to make a better presentations and pitches, for things like the invention auditions for Season Two of American Inventor.

Also, they are coming out with a DVD detailing out advice and lessons from marketing gurus, Ed Evangelista, and others etc. on how to make a great pitch to investors, judges, marketing partners etc.

In our dealings with them, we have found them both to be really great guys and "good people".

I am curious about other peoples' feedback. Interesting that Everyday Edison made clear that there was no affiliation. Did they imply anything negative about them or just clarifying things?

Erik and Danard write for us and check in on this site from time to time so perhaps they will chime in.

Michelle

Postby pktwatch » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:59 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Michelle wrote:You can find out more about Erik and Danard on their site http://www.thepitchcoach.com.

As far as I understand it, they offer personal consulting to help coach inventors to make a better presentations and pitches, for things like the invention auditions for Season Two of American Inventor.

Also, they are coming out with a DVD detailing out advice and lessons from marketing gurus, Ed Evangelista, and others etc. on how to make a great pitch to investors, judges, marketing partners etc.

In our dealings with them, we have found them both to be really great guys and "good people".

I am curious about other peoples' feedback. Interesting that Everyday Edison made clear that there was no affiliation. Did they imply anything negative about them or just clarifying things?

Erik and Danard write for us and check in on this site from time to time so perhaps they will chime in.

Michelle

Not really anything negative, they just stated that they were "following them around" and wanted to let us know that they are not a part of their show. They then cautioned us to be aware of scams in the invention world in general, not referring to Eric......

I found them to be great guys also but really have no dealing with them other than that one short talk........

Butch

Postby Erik Thompson » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:19 am

Erik Thompson
White Belt

Hey, how is everyone doing out there in inventor land, first I like to say I'm not with any company i'm just a inventor who seen how the machine works from the inside out. I truly care about my fellow inventors, and i know your passion for seeing your product on the market.

why inventors fall prey to scam companies

Postby Erik Thompson » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:27 am

Erik Thompson
White Belt

Let's be honest as an inventor you want it so bad your willing to give up your first born, these companies that target independent inventors know that the majority of you have very limit resource and they prey on that, but you have websites like inventorspot.com that are leading inventor in the right direction

Postby Erik Thompson » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:34 am

Erik Thompson
White Belt

With the Everyday Edison contest we simply just follow the show around meeting with inventor from all over nation, THAT WAS A BLAST! I'm inventor my passion is inventing and meeting other inventors.

If I come across a company that I can trust I'm going to share that info with my fellow inventor.

While at the casting calls for Edison I pass out keys point for making a great pitch and some info from a company I trust Patentease patenting software.

Postby Erik Thompson » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:38 am

Erik Thompson
White Belt

if you have any question for about inventing or companies please feel free to visit thepitchcoach website and shoot me an email.

Postby pktwatch » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:47 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Erik Thompson wrote:With the Everyday Edison contest we simply just follow the show around meeting with inventor from all over nation, THAT WAS A BLAST! I'm inventor my passion is inventing and meeting other inventors.

If I come across a company that I can trust I'm going to share that info with my fellow inventor.

While at the casting calls for Edison I pass out keys point for making a great pitch and some info from a company I trust Patentease patenting software.

Hi Eric, I still have the kit that you gave me in Chicago. I made "the final consideration" from the Indianapolis casting call with Everyday Edisons and am still waiting for them to pick the inventors who will be on the show. I talked to you and Darard there in Chicago and even gave you one of my business cards. I could tell by the short time that I talked to you that you are passionate in your quest to help fellow inventors!

I wish that I had heard of Patentease when I was going through my patent process. I did all of the patent work myself, learning as I went! I KNEW that I had a great idea but being retired and on a fixed income I did not feel that I could take the funds out of our account to pay the Patent lawyer, the search fees and the patent fees. I did get my patent but it took MANY hours and a lot of research and work. I cannot endorse Patentease because I have never looked at the software but anything that would make the process easier and more efficient for the beginner would have to be GREAT!!

Good luck to you,
Butch