FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: Scrupulous

Yes

Yes
50%
No
13%
Maybe
13%
All of the Above
25%

Total votes : 8

Road Rage

Postby Anonymous Inventor » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Anonymous Inventor
White Belt

I would like this Inventor website to Vote on Road Rage Ideas.

I think that someone should make a Video to put on U-Tube that could teach the World about Road Rage.

I have a saying - People THINK, WALK, TALK, EAT & DRIVE at different speeds.

My Idea is this - Teach the World DRIVING ETIQUETTE after Drivers Education.

They have ETIQUETTE for Walking, Talking, Eating, Golf, Bowling etc...

Sometimes I drive slow & sometimes I drive fast.

I have driven professionally & regardless of how I drive people are NOT courteous to others.

When I drive slow I get out of the way for others, even if I am going 5 to 10 miles an hour over the speed limit.

When I drive fast nobody gets out of my way or is courteous.

Now a days if you drive aggressively even if you are driving slow that is considered Road Rage.

There are so many people now a days that seem to get there Drivers License out of a Cracker Jack Box without learning DRIVING ETIQUETTE.

It seem to me that because most people are Lacking the Training of DRIVING ETIQUETTE this creates Road Rage.

I obviously have a problem with Incompetent Drivers as well as Incompetent Clerks & Checkers at a store, even when I remind myself of my saying.

Please post your comments & give me some feedback about this Idea of teaching the World DRIVING ETIQUETTE. :D
Last edited by Anonymous Inventor on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Road Show » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:23 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Anon,

Don't you mean "etiquette"?

RSG (Road Show NOT Road Rage)

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:19 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Take "Forum Rage" or flaming for example. That is the same thing as road rage. What I think they have in common is the lack of personal space. If someone cut in front of you in a line at the post office you most likely wouldn't get nearly as mad or act out as enraged as you would if it was done on the road or on the internet.

The "Madness Index" tm is equal to the seriousness of the offense multiplied by the square of the distance between the individuals involved. Some people get crazy while sitting still and/or driving in traffic thrity feet away and some get downright psychotic just from reading something someone wrote halfway across the country. Meaning Forum Rage would have a higher Madness Index tm than road rage.

Granted not all people suffer from it and hardly register on the index and some are immune to the disease.

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I'm pretty sure that Inventor Anonymous is talking about things people can do to promote road rage. Like, here's one that always comes up for me...

In states where making a right-hand turn at a red light is a legal thing to do, I love the people who don't think about much of anything but themselves, who fail to leave room in the far right lane for people that would like to turn right, but can't because of their fat ass.

That just gets my panties in a wad.

Oh god! Did I just type that??

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:16 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

"Please post your comments & give me some feedback about this Idea of teaching the World DRIVING EDICT."

THAT'S what Inventor Anonymous or Anonymous Inventor or whoever the HELL it is is talking about you idiot (Scrupumoron).

Stop trying to make these post all about yourself and your OWN big fat arse you... horses... arse! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of people who are sick and tired of stuff they are sick and tired about. Right-hand turns??? :evil: Let's talk about left-hand turns for change dammit!

Did IA or AI really mean some sort of "edict"? Maybe the dumbass should write some tenets first??? Ya think? DUH :x

Postby Anonymous Inventor » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:45 am

Anonymous Inventor
White Belt

Thanks Road Show for pointing out my type-o-error.

Yes, I did mean ETIQUETTE :lol:

I was not talking about you personally.

Scrupulous, you know what I am talking about.

Bottleslingguy, not to get personal but I think it would be a good Idea if you didn't DRINK from the bottle & get on the Inventor Forum & commit Computer Rage :wink:

Even with my type-o-error you still got the drift & you didn't need to attack Scrupulous either.

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:36 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Every word of it was meant as a joke. No rage here. :D 8)

Postby DannyB » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:49 pm

DannyB
Green Belt

Cure for road rage :D :D

http://navlog.org/q_car.wmv

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:53 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hey B.S. Guy, could you at least try not to be such a flaming jackass? :P