FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Anthony » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:26 am

Anthony
White Belt

Thank you Road Show...I very much appreciate your comments and insight. Cross promoting can generate tons of power, and in most situations like we are all facing, you never know what match is going to light the fire.

Postby Road Show » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:37 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Anthony,
I think you should consider promoting a wheelchair "grand prix" event to raise awareness of your product plus involve sponsors that are already in the medical assist industry. There are numerous venues here along the coast that would be ideal, primarily Long Beach which already hosts a Grand Prix event. The wheelchair grand prix could be a prelude to the actual Grand Prix. This type of promoting is fun, fun, fun...and it can generate enormous exposure if it is picked up by the news media...for which I have a contact in San Diego (a local news anchor). Let me know, I'd love to assist! :D

RSG

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:02 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

one suggestion

You can turn the direction of drill mounting like 90 degree on the wheel chair and 180 180 degree on mini bike so the whole design is more compact.

For the cargo lift, you can eliminate the control part. Just stick a drill in, user can press the trigger himeself if the drill is mount at a more reasonable position.

Just my 2 cents

Postby Anthony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Anthony
White Belt

Absolutley correct...That's the beauty of the design that was incorporated in the drive system. You can rotate the drill 360 degrees for multi mounting positioning. At the present time we have the bike and the wheelchair set up so the drill and DPX Drive Unit are very noticeable to people when they see us riding around trade shows. One can place the drill in any position they like....straight up and down, sticking out the back, tucked under the seat more, or where ever they feel comfortable with it. The winch system can be operated by either direct hand control on the drill itself or remotely by trigger mechanism. Thanks for the response.

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Hey Tony,

This is a perfect example of why inventors need to make a video. When I saw your device in the inventor's gallery here I looked for about three seconds and moved on giving it no more attention. Then I watched your video and it really caught my attention. This would be a great thing to put in your trunk.

I realize a big part of it is not having to make a drive mechanism and just use a drill, but something about that doesn't seem like the best idea. And what I mean by 'best' is maybe "practical" instead. I can imagine someone stowing one in their vehicle if they are travelling or commuting. Wheelchair idea is good, but aren't there already motorized wheelchairs? Anyway, the biggest drawback I see is having a drill sticking out the back (for some reason I can't explain at this point). I have a Porter Cable 19 volt in my truck right now and if I ran out of gas and used it to power the rescue scooter I wouldn't get very far because my battery is always worn down. So maybe it's the unreliability of the drills and my experiences with them that turns me off about seeing one on your scooter. I like it's speed but 4miles? What size and brand of drill did you test that with? How heavy was the rider?

I think it would be great if you had a drive mechanism put into it and it would plug into a cigarette lighter outlet.

"This Old House" video of DPX from the Hardware Sh

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 am

Anthony
White Belt

This is a short video This Old House taped of us at the International Hardware Show in Orlando, FL. You can see it on the link attached, or go to www.thisoldhouse.com and scroll down the main page and click on the picture of me sitting on the toolbox. We also got taped there by the DIY Network for a new show called "Cool Tools". DPX Systems will be featured on the first show which will be aired sometime in November I believe. This is why I believe attending and exhibiting at trade shows can possibly turn into and excellent opportunity for great exposure. Here's the link of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8dFlVNrY8

Postby mojo62 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:37 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I think it's cool that you got on "This Old House". Your work is inspiring to myself and others. Keep it up. I know your serious about this invention, what was your thought on the avertisement refering to your product as a"wacky" ? Myself, I don't think it's wacky at all.

Regards,
mojo

Postby Anthony » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 am

Anthony
White Belt

mojo62 wrote:I think it's cool that you got on "This Old House". Your work is inspiring to myself and others. Keep it up. I know your serious about this invention, what was your thought on the avertisement refering to your product as a"wacky" ? Myself, I don't think it's wacky at all.

Regards,
mojo

Thanks Mojo62!! Yes, I am extremely serious about our invention...I must be. It's very difficult to back down once you whole heartedly commit. I try to keep smiling and have as much fun with it that I can, but staying focused is my rule of thumb. Being too serious isn't any fun at all. As far as the comment "wacky" goes...it doesn't bother me at all. Just one persons interpretation. When I hear the word "wacky" being used to describe something, I become somewhat intrigued. So I'm on the same page as you...I don't think it's wacky at all either, but it's just fine with me.

Postby Michelle » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I love our blogger Amused and Bemused tag line, one fool's wacky is another fool's cool. You can see his message to the "wacky" inventors at http://inventorspot.com/blog/amused_and_bemused

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:07 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I wish the videos included sound so we could hear the inventors talking about their products. It's silly to show a video of someone talking and all you see it their mouth moving. Stick with it Anthony, how'd you like your invention to be called "geeky" like mine? That description too only inspired me. Hey, at least someone gave it some thought and isn't that the key- getting into peoples' heads? :wink:
PreviousNext