FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:45 am

Anthony
White Belt

That video does have sound...Is your volume turned up?

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:54 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Without adjusting anything the Lowes ad was loud and clear and then once the TOH tradeshow vid started I could hear music and see the peoples' mouths moving but no voice. :?: I'll double check.

Nope. Music but no voices. :x

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hey Anthony,

I think your project is very cool.

Forgive me for not having read this entire thread yet. How do you control the speed? I assume it's a VSR drill. Is there a cable to the trigger and the direction switch?

Newest DPX Systems video of Power On Demand Wheelchair.

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 am

Anthony
White Belt

Wanted to share the latest DPX Systems video with everyone. This video shows a DPX drive unit fitted to a manual wheelchair for a "power on demand" use. This systems is very usefull for manual wheelchair users. They can use this system any time thay need a little extra help going up inclines,vehicle loading ramps, or when they just get a little tired of pushing. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Anthony-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG9q6iHF_bI

Another new Youtube video to take a look at.

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm

Anthony
White Belt

This is the DPX Systems "Pit Pass". The DIY Network filmed us at the Orlando National Tool and Hardware Show. It was aired on Thanksgiving evening on a show called Cool Tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHdEqRwk2Oc

Anthony
www.DPXSystems.com

Postby rockys » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 am

rockys
White Belt

hey guys!! so impressed with the dpx drill applications!!!

is there any way of purchasing them??? ive been searching the internet for weeks and eventualy found this!! im really hoping you can help!!
id be interested in bulk ordering also!!!
thanks for you time
Ross

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:51 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

contact http://www.dpxsystems.com
if you can't from them, I don't know where you can get one.

Re:

Postby precisedix » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 am

precisedix
White Belt

Anthony wrote:Thank you Michelle. Prototyping was completely done in house. My partner and I were both recently in the powersports industry and together combined our knowledge into this product. I specialize in different types of welding and protoytpe fabricating and my partner Marv owned and operated a CNC machining facility that enabled us to take our design from original sketches and develope them into CAD design.From CAD design they are manufactured from a CNC machine(a machine that mills out a design from solid aluminum and various different materials). After many different protoype samples, the final design was agreed on and we produced a small run of approximately 150 of the DPX Drive Units. The bike shown on this post was a result of left over inventory from our previous powersports endeavers. That bike is a Taiwan import that we also aided in developing and have licensing rights for. Prior to it being powered by our DPX Drive System, it was powered by a gas motor. We figured instead of leaving them on the shelf collecting dust, let's retrofit them with our drive unit and use them for demonstrating our new product at trade shows and presentations. Also, when we do license a company, if they are interested in the drill bike application, we can supply them with approximately 125 units to jump start their market or use for advertising. So far, this whole process has been our baby. Besides our patent attorney, we really have not used any other outside companies for asistance. We have both been down this road before with different products and have both been taken for a ride at one point or another. Unfortunately we learned the hard way earlier on, this time we are executing our own plan of attack. We realize having a plan doesn't always work and at sometime we may need other help, but until then we are going forward with this on our own and dancing with the girl that we brought to the dance.

Yeah, aesthetics and cost are the only obstacles I can see as a deterrent to consumer acceptance....

Re: Our DPX Systems Drive Unit

Postby ABEL » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:06 pm

ABEL
White Belt

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.
Enjoy your self

Re: Newest DPX Systems video of Power On Demand Wheelchair.

Postby helenahollan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 pm

helenahollan
White Belt

Anthony wrote:Wanted to share the latest DPX Systems video with everyone. This video shows a DPX drive unit fitted to a manual wheelchair for a "power on demand" use. This systems is very usefull for manual wheelchair users. They can use this system any time thay need a little extra help going up inclines,vehicle loading ramps, or when they just get a little tired of pushing. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Anthony-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG9q6iHF_bI

I have tried to contact this company unsuccessfully both through their site and even on you tube without a response.

As someone earlier pointed out , and what is also apparent in this video too, is that there is no audio just an edited music over the voice - and the motor running.

If your motors are as noisy as the ones I've seen on other bikes , then this idea of using a drill on wheelchiar is completely impratical for any one wishing to use this round other people or in shopping malls .

In fact in some countries, places I doubt it would even be allowed .

It maybe ok for 12 yr old kid to fool around with one of these round his driveway, but if a disabled person , such as myself, where to use one of these , it might even have some folk even wondering if they were disabled at all- and not some joy rider instead.

Also - you never mention whether its possible to use other drills like Makita with this , as that would be another drawback for any one considering using this , who did not have the right make / model of dewalt drill.

hh
Previous