FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Those doors better be translucent or clear. You want to see what you walking into.

Postby AmericanCynic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:16 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

What's wrong with just using low-tech vinyl strip curtain doors for the forklift entrances?

Postby Road Show » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:What's wrong with just using low-tech vinyl strip curtain doors for the forklift entrances?

Now why would any cost conscious company want to go and do some dang fool thing like that for*???? :roll:

RSG

*Using bad grammar on occasion is good for the soul! 8)

Postby Contextion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:
What's wrong with just using low-tech vinyl strip curtain doors for the forklift entrances?

The clear vinyl strip curtains are great when they are new but they quickly fade and get easily scuffed so you cant see in front of you when going through the doorway.

Can anyone figure out how much they cost?

Re: Whacky Inventions

Postby CriterionD » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 pm

CriterionD
Blue Belt

Contextion wrote:Check out this invention and see if you can tell me how much it cost.
http://www.e-taf.co.jp/cgi-bin/e-taf/sitemaker.cgi?mode=page&page=page2&category=0
If you cant tell what it is - it is a door that opens up just enough to fit whats going through. The production facility I work at could use these for fork lifts coming in and out from the air conditioning.

I guess I'm late to reply to this, but that actually looks cool to me, not what I would have expected from the title (there are a lot of wacky patents out there that I would consider less useful).

I would bet that playhouses, as an example, would have good use for such a product. Perhaps movie sets too, even though the same could probably be taken care of via digital mastering. Thats all far outside my expertise.

Perhaps one could patent a method of using such a device in a playhouse environment or the like to create "instant perceptory illusion." I'd personally have to figure out exactly what it is and what its meant for first. Something tells me the app would be a longshot, but you never know.

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hey maybe we should have a forum (a category) on this site, dedicated to wacky inventions?

I know there are other sites and books, and all. But I'm thinking about new patents that get issued by the USPTO every week, in the Official Gazette.

Postby CriterionD » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 pm

CriterionD
Blue Belt

Scrupulous wrote:Hey maybe we should have a forum (a category) on this site, dedicated to wacky inventions?

I know there are other sites and books, and all. But I'm thinking about new patents that get issued by the USPTO every week, in the Official Gazette.

http://www.patentlysilly.com/ used to do this. Maybe we could team up and try to revive it.

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I'm down with that.

We could almost just keep adding to this thread, but then it would get tough to find certain ones.

Michelle, are you okay with putting in a new category?

Postby Michelle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

We had approached the guy from Patently Silly to write for us but he wanted to sell his stuff through syndication. Turned us down. Nice guy though.

We have been looking for over a year for someone to write these articles for our site.

If anyone wants to write a column, we'd LOVE that. PLEASE VOLUNTEER (we'll even pay some pennies. ;)

We can also have a section here in the forums for that.

I am not sure that we'd like it to have its own separate category ...in part because inventors already get ridiculed enough ( including by us). I think it's be nice to have these forums be a safer more inviting place for creative thinkers.

Would it be ok to have the thread as one in our Hang Out section? or do you guys need a top line forum heading?

Also, we have gotten complaints that we are too many heading already.

Feedback?

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:50 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hmm, that's a toughy.

I was also concerned about that early on. But, I'm happy with the way things have been developing here. It's been made fairly clear that inventors are everyday people with a mind for creativity, who take what they do seriously.

I figure it might help to lighten the mood every now and then, and there's no telling what good may come of the information that gets talked about. It might even be a way for some to gauge their perspective against the "norm", keeping in mind that no single opinion means very much, necessarily.

That's just my two lincolns.

By the way, is it whacky, or wacky? Is it wacky, Michelle? :P
PreviousNext