FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

MUST READ - What Invention Companies Do for Inventors

Postby Michelle » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:38 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Below is a posting from an invention submission company’s website that was fined 26 million dollars for how they mishandled Inventors. You can see this same statement at the Davison 54 website at the following link.

http://www.davison54.com/disclosure.php

In 1997, the Federal Trade Commission filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, captioned F.T.C. v. Davison, 97-1278. As a result of the judge's decision in the case, the judge has ordered us to make the following disclosures to you regarding our track record over the last five years in successfully marketing our clients' products. You should read all of this information carefully before proceeding.
The total number of consumers who submitted new product ideas to Davison during the past five years is two hundred twenty nine thousand seven hundred thirty eight (229,738). Davison does not provide evaluation of commercial potential; thus, it has provided no positive or negative evaluation of this or any other product idea in the last five years. The total number of consumers who were offered a Pre-Inventegration? agreement (or similar contract for research services) is one hundred fifty seven thousand one hundred twenty two (157,122). The total number of consumers who were offered a Contingency Agreement (or other contract for licensing representation) is one hundred fifty seven thousand one hundred twenty two (157,122). The total number of consumers who purchased a Pre-Inventegration? Agreement or similar contract for research services is thirty five thousand one hundred forty three (35,143). The total number of consumers who signed a Contingency Agreement or other licensing representation agreement is thirty five thousand one hundred forty three (35,143). The total number of consumers who were offered a Product Sample Presentation Agreement (or any other contract for design services for a virtual or a product sample) is twenty five thousand one hundred thirty five (25,135). The number of consumers who signed a Product Sample Presentation Agreement or similar agreement is nine thousand eight hundred ninety five (9,895). The number of consumers who obtained a written license with a company that is not affiliated with Davison is one hundred ninety eight (198). The total number of consumers in the last five years who made more money in royalties than they paid, in total, under any and all agreements with Davison, is seven (7). The percentage of Davison's income that came from royalties paid on licenses of consumers' products is .001%.

Thanks to Roger Brown for this find.

Sleep, and noise in your head.

Postby mackgadget » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:32 pm

mackgadget
White Belt

I don't see how these guys can sleep at night. Inventors have trouble sleeping because of a busy mind. I can not imagine having the lives of all these people hanging on to what a submission company can do for them and the guys running the company doing nothing for them but scaming them and being able to sleep at night. There is a saying " Never take away a mans hope, It may be all he has". I think a lot of us here are living on the edge of hope. I know I am. :?

Re: Sleep, and noise in your head.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:54 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

mackgadget wrote:I don't see how these guys can sleep at night.

A pile of cash helps :(

Re: Sleep, and noise in your head.

Postby Road Show » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

makeworldbetter wrote:
mackgadget wrote:I don't see how these guys can sleep at night.

A pile of cash helps :(

Maybe ask a criminal defense lawyer who is defending someone he knows has raped and murdered a teenage girl. I find both repulsive on the same order.

Cops & Robbers

Postby mackgadget » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:35 pm

mackgadget
White Belt

I was a city Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, and Robery homicide detective. I hated criminals then and I hate them now. ALL of them. They are preditors and parasites. There I've said it !! :arrow: