FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby minnesotainventor » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:12 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Nice applications. We know it is non-toxic based on the material makeup of the light source. We have not tested it with plants yet, I would imagine a good result...do plants sleep? Do they need darkness?..I'm not trained in that area.

You can paint a whole room if desired...would be kinda weird seing it all light up. I don't think you need much for most needs and most people will use this light source as accent lighting mainly. It certainly offers a lot of flexiblity. However, in the middle of nowhere...yeah, I would like at least the ceiling painted with the material so you can read and see everything if you have no electricity.

I will get back to you on the heat or cold effects, not sure how much I can disclose publicly on that (I don't believe there would be any effect). I also want to be correct with any statement.

Steve

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:42 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Plants don't know what the hell is going on anyway (unless you believe the Kirlian auras indicate a consciousness). Phototropism is no indication of awareness (my brother will beg to differ) but it seems they will take all the light they can get. As long as it is in a spectrum they can use for photosynthesis. THAT might be a very important application. I can imagine it being used to grow food in half the time with no need for electricity. That would be a huge benefit to third world countries.

Someone needs to find out how plants react to this stuff. Although I have a suspicion they won't even notice it.

Postby Godzilla » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:16 am

Godzilla
White Belt

Is there an average lumens to the light? Do you have the legal protection on it? Is your business plan done and realistic? Have you checked for Angel investors, and used local resources for help such as SCORE and SBDC? Sounds like a great idea, one worth protecting to the fullest.

Re: NEW LIGHT SOURCE DISCOVERED - FINANCING NEEDED

Postby Road Show » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:20 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

minnesotainventor wrote:
I have placed information on this new discovery in the classified section, please review that information.

....Please reach me if you have financing capabilities, Angel, VC's, etc.

Godzilla,

Welcome to the forums. You might want to check out the post in the classified section. I'd be all over this if I were in a financial position to consider it. I believe these guys are well beyond the "idea" stage...and actively looking for financing. I believe these guys need to find a partner and let the partner help determine the most suitable direction for marketing this discovery...since there seems to be innumerable ways for this to be used. Anyone putting up that kind of money would also want controlling interest in the company...at least for the first two to three years. VC's would demand it...Angel's may not.

RSG

Chemoluminescence

Postby texasbatman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:34 pm

texasbatman
White Belt

is it similar to this process:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemoluminescence

Postby mojo62 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:45 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

We may never know !!!! :lol: :? 8) :oops: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :?: :( :shock: :lol: :lol:

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:09 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Mo, is that really the heiroglyph for , "We may never know." or is it the range of your emotions concerning the matter of Steve's secrecy?

I don't think that's it because he said you can paint with the substance and I don't think you can with that phosphorescent stuff. I wonder why he didn't pick up on my mentioning the stuff I asked him about? So far I've found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photochromic

http://www.tentacleworks.com/

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1350

http://www.guerrilla-innovation.com/arc ... 000298.php

I'm not sure this is what he's dealing with but it may be on the right track and if so has been around for a long time. Maybe I was the fuse to his hissy fit? :?: :!: :shock: :( :cry: :arrow:

Postby Michelle » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:I'm not sure this is what he's dealing with but it may be on the right track and if so has been around for a long time. Maybe I was the fuse to his hissy fit? :?: :!: :shock: :( :cry: :arrow:

BSG "hissy fit" is a taunt. Stop it!

Postby Road Show » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Is it time?

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:49 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Sorry. :oops: But in the BSG universe we say silly things like that to crack a smile on the person's face so they will stop being so mad over what was trivial to begin with. I'm trying to put it into perspective (because that IS what it was). Come on, no one is that sensitive, there had to be something else going on outside of here to make him snap like that. I've said over and over I like Steve and his input. I think he's a valueable contributor here. I'd like to see him back. That "taunt" was a "welcome back" mat in my world, not a push further out the door.
PreviousNext