FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

New Obesity Product Competition by Hope Labs

Postby Michelle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

HopeLab today announced the launch of Ruckus Nation, an international online idea competition to get kids moving. People of all ages are invited to submit ideas for new products that will increase physical activity in kids. More than $300,000 in prizes will be awarded, including a grand prize of more than $75,000.

You can read more here in our press releases section.
http://inventorspot.com/press/hopelab_l ... mbat__7108

Postby Archeryrob » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:10 am

Archeryrob
White Belt

This is soo stupid. Parents don't watch their kids, don't spend enough time with their kids. let them play too much video games and watch too much TV. Let them eat trash food and say "How did my kid get fat?"

Wow, who would have known? :roll:

Stupid people. Maybe they should make a common sense pill to go with that fat pill. :lol:

fat

Postby Roger Brown » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:26 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Intelligence and common sense do not always walk hand in hand.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Road Show » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:34 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

On its' face, parental laziness might be a primary cause of obesity in children, but it is not the only cause. Regarding parental supervision, or lack thereof, there are too many instances where "latch key kids" suffer from obesity because their single parent must struggle to provide an income. These are not issues related to parental laziness. Obesity also develops in children afflicted with debilitating diseases and genetic conditions that predispose them to a life where regular physical activity might be difficult or impossible.

I think this is a good contest focused on improving the human condition. I'm all for it!

RSG

Postby Work2XL » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:49 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Can someone smarter than I am translate this for me.

6.7. All Potential Ruckus Nation Category Winner Team Members (and the Team Member’s parent or legal guardian if the Team Member is a minor) will also be required to sign a Ruckus Nation Assignment Agreement that will transfer all intellectual property rights related to the Entry to HopeLab and its assigns.
The Assignment Agreement will include at least the following terms:
6.7.1. All ownership and intellectual property rights (including any patent, trade secret or copyrights) in any ideas, works of authorship or inventions described in the Entry are transferred to HopeLab and its assigns.
6.7.2. An obligation by the Entrant to assist in transferring and perfecting any intellectual property rights to HopeLab and its assigns.
6.7.3. HopeLab and its assigns will have the option but no obligation to further develop or implement any ideas or inventions described in the Entry.
6.7.4. HopeLab and its assigns will have the option but no obligation to involve the Entrant in any further development or implementation of any ideas, works of authorship or inventions described in the Entry.
6.7.5. HopeLab and its assigns will have the option but no obligation to publicly acknowledge the Entrant as the author or inventor of the Entry.

I read it as, if you enter and were eligible to win "All Potential Ruckus Nation Category Winners" this contest OWNS all rights to your idea including patents ect. If I hadn't taken Ethics in college (and it hadn't ruined me) I would start my own contest. For "X" dollars for the grand prise, I would own outright all ideas and patents that were submitted. I'm sure I would get a few that I could license out, or even develop myself. I wouldn't even have to give the inventor any credit or recognition.

I think I'll pass on this contest.

Randy

scam

Postby Roger Brown » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

work2xl wrote:
6.7. All Potential Ruckus Nation Category Winner Team Members

I believe the word POTENTIAL means anyone who enters agrees that Hopelab owns your idea. This contest should be listed under the How to spot BS thread also. Unless you want to part with your idea for free I would NOT enter this contest.
They take Greedy to the next level. I think I will start my own contest. Everyone send me $20. I will pick a winners name randomly from all the entrants. I will then toss all the money into the air. All the money that sticks to the ceiling I will send the winner. Do I have any takers?

scam

Postby Roger Brown » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

You missed another interesting rule on their website. Here it is.

By submitting an entry, you grant HopeLab an option to acquire a non-exclusive license to any ideas and inventions described in that entry, for which HopeLab will pay $250. This option expires one year from the date on which Ruckus Nation winners are announced. (See Rule 7.2)

Basically it means you can't do anything with your idea for a year.

Postby Road Show » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

RSG

Postby Archeryrob » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:14 am

Archeryrob
White Belt

Wow, what a deal. :roll:

Now this thread is not just about parental laziness but also corporate laziness. Hey, you invent it, bring it to us and we'll give you next to nothing for it.

WOW! Whata deal! :wink:

Postby Michelle » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:41 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Great information folks. Thank you.

I have removed the contest information from the press release section.

I have also notified the promoters who submitted it to me that the members of InventorSpot.com forums have some serious concerns about the terms of this contest and have reservations about recommending this contest to inventors.

Michelle
Next