FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

... and the Fireman's Guardian Angel wins $1000000

Postby Contextion » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:41 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

Well I just watched the last episode and the Fireman's guardian angel won. I think they showed like 5 seconds of the developing process when the Chicago lady with the strapless bra was hugging a designer and that was it. Atleast the guy who won actually invented something - unlike the 2 runner ups using something 1st made by someone else. They brought the black cougar guy back for like 5 minutes of acting stupid between their nonstop portrayal of how exciting it is to be an inventor. Only thing good this show does for inventors is teach them how to look like an emoticon! (':oops:')(':cry:')(':lol:')(':?')

One of the bad things it does is give people a false definition of what the word invention means so they might invest money in an idea that is not patentable.

Postby AmericanCynic » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:23 am

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

The Guardian Angel was not an original invention. Maybe for Chavez, but not for the market. Even first season judge Doug Hall wrote the same thing in his blog and wrote that he already designed something similar for a client. See the blog entry here. Despite the low-grade reading comprehension displayed by someone else here, it's obvious Doug says he would prefer a Halon device, not that he designed a Halon device for that client.

Many users here have already pointed out patents dating back decades for similar systems. At least one inventor with an unexpired patent has threatened to sue Chavez for infringement if he tried to bring it to market and may be in the process of doing so as we speak.

Postby Contextion » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:18 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Well if the unexpired patent is still marketable in other countries there is still extra money to be made especially if its the most eco-friendlist, huh?

The real question is how much taxes - do you have to pay?

Postby mojo62 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:35 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Hey American Inventor TV show. Producers, inventor, ABC employee,anyone!! I want a Guardian Angel fire supression system for my tree this year. Where can I buy one ? I want to but the winning invention. HELP!

Postby Road Show » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Contextion wrote:Well if the unexpired patent is still marketable in other countries there is still extra money to be made especially if its the most eco-friendlist, huh?

The real question is how much taxes - do you have to pay?

Contextion,

Don't you mean "If the product is marketable in other countries..."?

(Yes, I'm the "Symantics Nazi" of ISpot! LOL)

RSG

Postby AmericanCynic » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:03 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

Did anyone notice that they never bothered to ask Chavez that one big question they pelt everyone else with? What's it going to cost? There's a very good chance this will be prohibitively expensive and won't make it to the marketplace. Despite what Doug Hall says, I would personally prefer a low-pressure residential sprinkler system if I were interested in saving my house and family. As one source says, putting in a home sprinkler system can cost less than replacing the carpet in the house, so it's not expensive. On top of that, it protects the whole house rather than just one little corner and does so year-round.

Postby mojo62 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:33 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Apparently, the company "First Alert" stated that they were going to see what they could do to bring this product to market. I guess this means seeing they could do nothing also.

The first years winner had the same kind of comment from a car seat manufacturer. I have not heard the latest, but the last I heard was that it was found not to be feasible to manufacture.

I think the show has failed and we won't see a season three.

I would bet that one of the other networks eventually comes up with an inventor show and tries to make it better than what has been seen in the past.

You wouldn't think it would be hard to make a good inventor show, would you?

MO