FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby mojo62 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:23 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Postby X900BattleApple » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:33 am

X900BattleApple
White Belt

Contest is run by Strong Ideas Corporation according to the rules document, but on the entry URL form it's Strong Idea Company, Inc. and ultimately these appear to be DBA's of the retailer Gadget Universe with an office in California and a second office in China. I predict whoever wins this competition will be screwed.

Postby drpixelphd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:33 am

drpixelphd
White Belt

Newbie Here!

Hi to all,

Doesn't it suck having a great invention, can't tell anyone but mom & dad. You know it will make millions. Don't have the cash to make it go. Then some scum says: Hey, give me your idea, if I like it, I'll give ya $5.00 or 5%, whichever is less. If I don't like it, you get nothin and I keep the idea?

Then you think about it...hummm...5% of net! Wow, that could add up to thousands of dollars over 5 years or more. Hummm....Okay, I will give Montel my idea!

2 years later...I say,
Hey Montel, when do I get my first check?

Montel:
Oh man, that Cold Fusion Machine ain't gonna sell. So what if it is free energy that never runs out, ain't no one gonna buy that junk. I'll just keep the idea but, if I use it, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the idea, Sucka! says Montel as he fires up another doobie!

Postby drpixelphd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:51 am

drpixelphd
White Belt

ideagirl wrote:I did a search for Strong Ideas Group and couldn't find anything.
Anyone else try?

The Sponsor of the Contest is Strong Ideas Corporation, 12621 Encinitas Avenue, Sylmar, California 91342.

Taken from Gadgetalert entry page

Montel Williams

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

If you go to Montels' website they have this disclaimer for something he misspoke on the show.

CORRECTION: On today's show, "Why Didn't I Think of That?," Montel incorrectly announced that the winner of the "Search for the Next Great Gadget Contest" will win the (electric) Zenn Car. The car is not part of the prize package that the winner receives. We apologize for any inconvenience. For a complete list of prizes, please go to www.gadgetuniverse.com/montel.

http://gadgetalert.com/component/option ... ,73/fid,1/

Postby drpixelphd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:03 am

drpixelphd
White Belt

Oh yeah, let's do a little propaganda soliciting for ideas and say we are giving away a car. That will surely get people to give Montel their ideas. After the "Bomb" idea is given, they retract the car as the prize. My bad says Montel!

If the car was never part of the prize package, why even mention it. I saw it listed nowhere as any prize of any type posted anywhere in the world.

Postby drpixelphd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:45 pm

drpixelphd
White Belt

Postby X900BattleApple » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:09 pm

X900BattleApple
White Belt

Nothing unusual about a small business getting a loan. Is there something sinister I'm missing here?

Postby drpixelphd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 pm

drpixelphd
White Belt

Maybe sinister. I am very surprised to see a venture group receive money from the feds. They want hard tangible business! Seeking ideas from individuals doesn't seem very tangible. How can you write a business plan?

AH! Maybe Montel has some interest in Strong Ideas. Oh well, just a bit of info to spark the gossip thread.

Postby X900BattleApple » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 pm

X900BattleApple
White Belt

drpixelphd wrote:Maybe sinister. I am very surprised to see a venture group receive money from the feds. They want hard tangible business! Seeking ideas from individuals doesn't seem very tangible. How can you write a business plan?

AH! Maybe Montel has some interest in Strong Ideas. Oh well, just a bit of info to spark the gossip thread.

Ah, you didn't read my post above where I did a bit o' research? See below:

"Contest is run by Strong Ideas Corporation according to the rules document, but on the entry URL form it's Strong Idea Company, Inc. and ultimately these appear to be DBA's of the retailer Gadget Universe with an office in California and a second office in China. I predict whoever wins this competition will be screwed."

The address for both Strong Ideas and Gadget Universe is identical. This company (Strong Ideas) is not a non-profit nor a venture group.
PreviousNext