FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Filed Non Provisional.......Now what?

Postby Levi Porter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

I feel like a burden has temporarily been lifted. I got it in before the end of the month, before the new rule changes. I was under the gun, but didn't rush it. I even numbered my paragraphs for them. Haven't got my postcard receipt back yet.

Anyway, I want to move forward. I have strongly considered going after the Department of Defense's DARPA for the possibility of start up funding. I think my invention alone would qualify for something their interested in. What it can be used for meets almost every criterion they look for.

Anyone ever dealt with DARPA?

I was also thinking of maybe having someone experienced in the field of art that might be interested in participating look at it to see what kind of feedback and possible other sources for initial funding are available.

The elaborate nature of my invention makes me think that licensing agreements might be too improbable.

I could make a model out of wood, plastics, and adhesives for a couple of hundred bucks. Without actually knowing, I would guess that a working unit could cost over 100 grand for the first one.

I think getting initial funding for the development of a business plan and demonstrating outside interest, then approaching capital or angel investors.

All suggestions or questions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Levi
Last edited by Levi Porter on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MattB » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 am

MattB
White Belt

How complex could this be that licensing the invention is out of the question?

Your non-provisional application has to include an enabling disclosure that allows anyone with ordinary skill in the art to practice the invention.

When it comes to licensing, you have to be very creative if you want to make the big $$$.

You want to take this project on your own? Find good, motivated, trust-worthy people. The right people and the right idea are the main ingredients. If you build this, funding will come!
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby Levi Porter » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:49 am

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Thanks for the response Matt

MattB wrote:How complex could this be that licensing the invention is out of the question?

Don't really feel comfortable answering now.....hopefully soon.

Your non-provisional application has to include an enabling disclosure that allows anyone with ordinary skill in the art to practice the invention.

We should find out how well I did with this pretty soon.

When it comes to licensing, you have to be very creative if you want to make the big $$$.

Thanks for the heads up ! 8)

You want to take this project on your own? Find good, motivated, trust-worthy people. The right people and the right idea are the main ingredients. If you build this, funding will come!

This is music to my ears.

I am pursuing this as we speak.

Thanks again,

Levi