FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Complain Critique and Crack Up

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:44 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Let it rip right here...

(existing replies 1)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:45 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-05-08 09:52 | home

Oh great, if I wanted to see commercials I'd turn on the tv, who's the idiot that put this home equity ad on this site?

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-05-06 10:16 | 8,9

well, I guess they might have gotten one right, the baby seat may get him to the million, but!, now they've made it too elaborate, with it's new size how will it fit into the smaller compact cars, with gas like it is people are buying these cars, you'll have to buy a pick-up truck and put it in the back, the word game?, this is probably the winner, this guy has shead enough tears that he has probably lost 20 pounds, and the phone calls? why didn't this guy use some of that $80,000 and get his mom out of that basement, So now we have a football pole that no one will buy in a retail store, a bike that will cost so much that the less fortunate that the kid ment it for won't be able to afford it, a word game that no kids are going to want to play, (they want video games) unless it's in a class room where the teacher makes them do it, and finally, a car seat that when you buy one you'll have to buy a new car to haul it, the judges had it easy picking these, but when America votes for the winner, they may just not even call because they don't want any of these so called inventions that are going to be on every retail shelf in america, yeh right!!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 15:22 | by george, your right... no

by george, your right... no winners , all four inventions? (what inventions) good luck If the car seat wins, the shows spends at least $300,000
more to get a product to market, but still no patent in the near future

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 17:41 | Say hallelujah! They

Say hallelujah! They finally got one right... the carseat for the baby. One out of four isn't too bad, is it?

That electronic word game was confusing though. Couldn't this be a card game? From what I could see, and, they didn't show too much of the game, I would say that a card game costing perhaps 5 to 10 dollars could easily replace the $50.00 electronic game. You wouldn't have the glitzy electronics but the working of the game would be the same...it could easily be multi-lingual and not just bi-lingual.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 01:42 | Another disillusioned viewer

I too had high hopes for this show when I first heard about it. But, after seeing so many worthy inventions passed up for the better sob story, I am thoroughly disappointed. Rather than focus on the merits of the "invention," I absolutely HATE when Mary Lou asks the "why should you move to the next round?" question. Because then it just becomes a who tells the best tear jerker story competition.

email this comment
Emalie (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:15 | What are they thinking?

After the sacmaster rejection I was concerned about the results and how they were picking winners. As someone who saw first hand a coworker lose her hair to Chemo and complain of wig sweat, I thought "way to go!" . Then they give it to some "educational game" that will be too expensive for most who need it, and can be played with pencil and paper, or chalk on a board like hangman, instead of a product which again is useful to rescue workers and regular people!?! I am in disbelief...

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-05-04 09:30 | shows

yes the sandbag shovel should have gone on, the football pole isn't going to sell in the mass marketing line that the show was intended to do, and the bike?, if it's compared to the Bilenky one, how many of these are going to be sold?, the other one goes for over $4,000 only the rich will have one, these judges? well they're only judging the inventors that the producers had picked to be on the shows, they may have picked some better inventions if they were at the original auditions, but still the choices they have made on the shows are mostly terrible, and maybe they have a script to follow that the producers want to liven up the series, anyway you look at it a lot of good inventors and inventions never made it past the audition judges in the 7 cities.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-03 16:50 | Oh, if we could only start

Oh, if we could only start over again.
No, this isn't about romance, it is about the politically correct American Inventor fiasco. The judges reject the sandbag filler shovel. This was one of the few merchandisable inventions presented.

Instead, they cheer for the football "breastbone" gizmo. It won't sell because it is cumbersome and blocks the player's vision. Also, when a player receives the pass, he must pull the ball in as close to his body as possible to protect the ball.....the "breastbone" discourages that.

The front-loaded bicycle won't work as any kid who has tried to ride another on the handle bars will verify. Too much weight up front makes it hard to steer and blocks the steerer's view. Is that an open manhole up ahead? I see lawsuits, lots of lawsiuits.

Dump the current judges, get some folks with common horse sense and no political correct agends and do it over!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-03 16:50 | Oh, if we could only start

Oh, if we could only start over again.
No, this isn't about romance, it is about the politically correct American Inventor fiasco. The judges reject the sandbag filler shovel. This was one of the few merchandisable inventions presented.

Instead, they cheer for the football "breastbone" gizmo. It won't sell because it is cumbersome and blocks the player's vision. Also, when a player receives the pass, he must pull the ball in as close to his body as possible to protect the ball.....the "breastbone" discourages that.

The front-loaded bicycle won't work as any kid who has tried to ride another on the handle bars will verify. Too much weight up front makes it hard to steer and blocks the steerer's view. Is that an open manhole up ahead? I see lawsuits, lots of lawsiuits.

Dump the current judges, get some folks with common horse sense and no political correct agends and do it over!

email this comment
Dripnot (not verified) | 2006-04-30 10:54 | Also note...

...that NO 'professional', or full time inventors even made it into the finals. Not one, to my knowledge. Which also re-inforces other points I made earlier about alot of really good inventions were deliberately passed up, in order to meet the pre-determined quota the producers had created. The stink factor just went up a notch yet again.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-29 20:44 | Judging Too Politically Correct

The judging is too politically correct. The winners so far:
1. Black
2. Hispanic

I predict the next winner will be a White Female.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-27 14:51 | Just read another "invention" has a past

www.bilenky.com/viewpnt.html
Isn't this guy on tonight? Maybe he won't move forward. I like the car seat and the word game.

email this comment
Gag Me (not verified) | 2006-04-27 12:38 | Oh, Please

Need I write more?

email this comment
Dripnot (not verified) | 2006-04-27 12:35 | Here's some positive amid all the negativity

Well, I believe it is universally agreed that the show could have easily been the "Thinking Man/Woman's Reality TV Show" if only they had done a better job on a lot of the issues previously discussed among these threads. But, I digress.

As far as inventors go, Mark Martinez - inventor of the Sackmaster 2000 (now the Sacmaster), has my vote. His invention is the embodiment of good design- Simple, low-tech, low cost, and most importantly- it works. I also think his presentation was quick, to the point and effective...a very good job. While it can be argued that 'Not everyone in America would need one'... think of the world. I bet A LOT of people on the banks of the Danube river in Europe wish they had them weeks ago. With the looming threat of more hurricanes and flooding around the world, Mark's invention solves a problem facing mankind now and in the future. Inventing isn’t just about what *you* can do. It’s about what you can do for others. Take a bow, Mr. Martinez.

email this comment
Sue Me (not verified) | 2006-04-27 10:13 | Parading the deviants and imbeciles

Will tonight's show include more parading and showing of the deviants and imbeciles so that the audience can laught at "inventors" who are being serious? The joke is on them, and I think that any "inventor" who is obviously "used" for their entertainment value as opposed to their invention that wasn't quite good enough to make the cut ought to be COMPENSATED monetarily for their "gig". To do less than that is a gross injustice.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-26 12:07 | in response to "Whiners? maybe" and "ABC ads"

Yes, "ABC did go so far as to claim They are looking for the next big thing, something that everyone in America needs." (as stated by "anonymous)

and "the ads that ABC had going to get people to the auditions, said they Were looking for the next big invention" (as stated by another anonymous).....

but they also state: "Envision the Cabbage Patch Kids®, George Foreman Grill®, Post-It® or Rubik's Cube®."

What were you all expecting? A microwave? television? or something along those lines?
With that being said, the show is obviously for entertainment.....

However, I think it would have been nice to get a little knowledge from it also. I am disappointed with the editing. I think the producers should have keep the wacky stories to the first few weeks. Now that they are narrowing down the contentants, I would love to see more of the actual proces of producing and manufacturing the products. We have only seen 3 contentants receive the $50k, but we don't really get a clear idea of what it takes to market their products or what the money is spent on. It would have been better if there were some "learning experience" for those of us who want to learn what it takes to produce and market an invention.

Anybody agree?

email this comment
Dripnot (not verified) | 2006-04-26 14:55 | RE: in response to "Whiners? maybe" and "ABC ads"

Firstly- I don't post 'anonymous' unlike alot of the other cowards here. I can stand fully behind any statements I make.

Secondly- For them to *even* suggest a parallel between their 'show' and to state: "Envision the Cabbage Patch Kids®, George Foreman Grill®, Post-It® or Rubik's Cube®." is a typical bait and switch. How low can you go?

What did I expect? It's called truth in advertising, something Hollyweird doesn't acknowledge. The contestants were not the only ones who got ripped off, viewers with both sides of their brains working got shafted as well.

American Idol *insults* those of us with decent 3 digit IQ's, *assuming*
that we wouldn't be able to watch real intellect-based programming, instead of the SOB Story Circus Hour. I bet that any intelligent people from abroad (meaning not US) are laughing their butts off at the 'best' that America can offer.

What did I (and others) expect? Way, too much from the looks of it.

email this comment
Anonymous, but dont take it personal (not verified) | 2006-04-27 09:47 | I stand fully behind any

I stand fully behind any statements I make also (whatever you mean by that). But I don't have a link to a website if that's what you want from me. You are actually still very *anonymous* to me.

I'm not a bitter inventor that claims my idea is better than anybody elses. I am a viewer of the show and I wish they did a bettor job in the editing process, but nevertheless, I am entertained by the show. Again, I would have loved to see more of the production and marketing of the inventions, as I imagine most of America would want to see....but for those of you who are ripping apart inventors that are on the show, we can see right through you. Get over the fact that for one reason or another your idea did not make it to the final 12. There were many of you who had great ideas, but the show cannot be about thousands of people. Sorry for those of you that had great inventions that did not make it on the show (which, by the way, I think "dripnot" is a great invention)
But here's the answer: if you don't like the show, don't watch it. It doesn't take an average IQ to figure that one out.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-26 11:50 | Whiners........

Obviously, most of the anonymous responses on this page are so called *inventors* who did not make it into the finals on the show. You are so obvious! I would bet anything that you would not be whining if you had made it past the first round. Grow up.

Also, to the solar cooler people: please stop pretending to make anonymous comments about how great your product is. We know it's you.

email this comment
cooler guy (not verified) | 2006-05-08 15:37 | It isn't me. . . honest!

I just read this on 5/8/06. I am not on these blogs very often. I have a business to run. Sorry if you thought it was me. I post on here as cooler guy.

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-04-26 08:11 | ABCs ads

the ads that ABC had going to get people to the auditions, said they Were looking for the next big invention, I whine because that's what I believed they were wanting, I'm trying to get my invention marketed, I don't have a lot of money to spend to do this, so when I saw the ads I thought maybe this show could help in getting it sold, or at least shown on national tv, but the way they've made it out to be a sob show and most of the inventions are not that great, that's what is wrong with the way they've presented the show, maybe if their ratings do go down they may change the way they do the next season, if there is a next season.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-25 13:02 | foolgripper..............I mean coolgripper

Nice idea. Waste of time. Maybe you and the pool noodle on a harness guy can go into business together selling interesting ideas that are worthless.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-25 12:46 | Talk about drama....

You know, I'm having a hard time deciding whether there was more crying out of the contestants that made it, or more crying on this thread. Maybe if y'all had acted as whiny as y'all are acting here, they might have picked you! The show isn't formatted around really picking the best product. They aren't out to show the best of what came. No reality show is really reality, because America isn't that interested in reality. No reality show is going to focus on the good points. The American consumer doesn't' want to see some intelligent person make it big, they want to see and support some sob story and feel like they are helping along someone who couldn't do it without them. I completely agree that this is a horrible show, but I hate all reality shows. I hate what it says about our society. I'd rather get the money on my own and feel better about myself then sell out to what reality TV is all about.

But ultimately, I don't fault the show. They are going to be rich and successful because the producers and ABC have an understanding of their target audience and are going to format the show and make their decisions with that in mind. I have no doubt that each one of you is going to stayed glued no matter how much you b**ch and moan about how you hate it and feel jilted and think the judges are making horrible decisions. Ultimately, the show's ONLY point is to trap as many suckers in to watching it week by week as they can. It is sad that the way to do this most successfully as has been shown time and time again is to pander to the low qualities of people and society.

If you really want to take a stand, DON'T WATCH THE SHOW and encourage every one you know to NOT WATCH THE SHOW. Crying on these blogs isn't going to accomplish anything. It will only be through consistent bad ratings that networks can understand that they need a different approach that applauds the high ideals and qualities of us as a people.

email this comment
Dripnot (not verified) | 2006-04-25 22:08 | Whiners? Maybe...

ABC did go so far as to claim "They are looking for the next big thing, something that everyone in America needs."

What was that? To watch this poor excuse of a show...cause they SURE haven't displayed ANYTHING on the show yet that everyone in America needs. Talk about not living up to your own claims. They pulled a bait and switch, plain and simple. I think THAT is what has alot of people up in arms about. They expected ABC to actually follow thru on their own pitch.

As far as watching the 'show'. I couldn't stomach anymore than the first half hour of the first show, and haven't had the displeasure of watching it since. Friends don't let friends watch Jerry Springer level 'inventing' shows.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-25 08:41 | A fair shake

Selected as the second contestant in the nation to be interviewed,I feel slightly short-changed. Not once did the judges ask me about the concept of my PATENTED REMOTE-CONTROL-BBQ GRILL.Their stupid comments reflected their biased opinion.I`d love to spar with Simon just once!!

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-04-22 11:03 | shows

when is ABC going to get it right, they keep saying the 1st hour of the show has the auditions on it, these are not the auditions, unless I missed something when I did mine, these people were called to LA, so that means that would be, round 1?, I agree with you Dripnot, being too serious like I was with my presentation killed my chances of even getting past Denver, Invention isn't junk and I didn't have a flashy presentation or a big "waa waa" sob show to give them, of coarse it's my opinion but there's nothing on the show that could touch my invention, and yes it IS a real and original invention

email this comment
Dripnot (not verified) | 2006-04-21 22:25 | Greatest American Inventions? Where?

I too, auditioned for the show, and am also very glad I didn't make it onto the show. I had high hopes that this would NOT be like American Idol, but it seem the producers couldn't even think of an original effective format for the show. They had to re-hash American Idol.
Strike One.

The amount of paperwork involved was ungodly; I sensed that something was amiss when they asked questions about 'prior TV or acting experience' Of course they were looking for drama kings and queens, it goes with the lousy format of the show.
Strike Two.

After I auditioned, the judges asked me "What do you need us for?" Hmmm... I thought it was to showcase the American Spirit of Inventing and all that goes with it. I guess I brought serious inventions, presented them well, and that was not what they were looking for. Silly me.
Strike Three.

What disturbs me *MOST* is that I personally saw ALOT of great inventions...not crackpot stuff at all, and NONE of them even made it to the finals??? Instead they put 'filler' (a lot of it) into air time that could have been used to showcase some of those great inventions I saw. Nope. They had to waste time on crackpots and drama freaks instead. I remember an inventing show from about 10 years or so ago called "Why didn't I think of that?" and I must say...it was and still is...a far better show about great inventions than Ameriscam Dementor will ever be.

The silver lining?
I know inventing is not for the meek or poor, it is the hardest road you will ever run yourself down. But myself, like other inventors do it...because that's what we do, and we like it. For the record- I auditioned 3 inventions in 1:48 seconds, and they said no thanks. I am presently in talks with a MAJOR company to license or buy those *same* inventions they said no to. After it is all said and done, I will post them here for anyone that wants to see what American Inventor did not. ; )
Never, ever, let go of your dream. If you do, it wasn't yours to begin with.

email this comment
Anonymous Regis (not verified) | 2006-04-21 16:18 | "You are NOT....

going home! Does this remind anyone of the way in which Regis told the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" contestants that they got the answer RIGHT????

There has to be a better way to keep a show interesting and dramatic without playing with peoples' heads.

But, then again, some of them are NOT going to the next round. Or, some of them ARE going HOME>>>>>>>

I bet the f-deoderizer's wife keeps telling him, "Don't even come near me. Stay away from me. You are NOT coming over her. You are ARE going to be smelling the next round."

email this comment
Brett cox (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:09 | To the person who said they would not buy anything off the show,

To the person who said they would not buy anything off the show,I would like your honest opinion on my product. Please go to www.coolgripper.com and tell me if you would buy any of mine. Thanks

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-06 13:00 | episode 4

well, episode 4 is coming up tonight, perhaps we may finally see a real innovated product, hopefully the judges have found out that the inventions are what this show is about and will start to say yes to real inventions, instead of trying to be the center point of the program, I still can't believe they chose "PAPER"

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-05 12:31 | The show will give away the

The show will give away the million and the runner ups will get their $50,000. I think that as far as marketing any of these inventions the producers would be foolish. They are not exceptional inventions and would have no impact to the society. In other words the cost to market these inventions would be like betting on a turtle to win a race against a rabbit. They might as well flush the money down the toilet.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-05 16:54 | Wow! You are an angry

Wow! You are an angry person! I think there is a few exceptional inventions that have been shown. The paper plate was cool. The solar cooler was the prime example of American Ingenuity. The frisbee life saving ring! Granted there was a lot of foolish and really stupid things but let's not pooh-pooh the whole lot. And if I remember correctly the turtle does win in the Aesop's Fable because he remembered that slow and steady wins the race.

email this comment
Anonymous,1 (not verified) | 2006-04-05 17:09 | ?

which one of us are you calling an angry person,I'm just saying that I wouldn't buy anything that I've seen so far, the plate is ok, the cooler would probably be too expensive, the frisbee would be good if you lived around an ocean, the PAPER bedding? well, it's PAPER,

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-05 16:53 | re. the money

yes, they will pay the $$$$ but I agree that it's a contest and the winner will get a prize for being on the show, but the inventions that I've seen won't be in my household any time soon,

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-05 08:50 | I was easy

I was going easy on my accessment of the show, but you have to admit, that, the judges have no clue to what they're doing, they chose PAPER to go to the next round, PAPER, now there's an original idea, I presented an invention that could posibly save a life but I guess it wasn't whacky enough, so excuse me for my ignorance, I just haven't seen anything that great on the show, sorry

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-04 09:30 | agreement

the application was acctualy 36 pages, the part about the million dollars is in the consent&release part, page 4 #28 states that the million dollars is an advance twards the royalties you will receive when they market and produce the winning invention, so the invention can be worth more than the million they are giving the winner, the people on the show are better off being on it because with the junk I've seen so far, none of them are going to make more than $.50 to a $1.00 with their dreams on their own.

email this comment
Pat (not verified) | 2006-04-04 10:35 | Easy buddy! Some of our

Easy buddy! Some of our dreams are what has been shown on the show. Granted,
some of the products are a little crazy, but remember every one of those people on the show have put time, money and effort into those products. You are entitled to your opinion but I feel you are speaking out of ignorance because some of the inventions on the show actually DO WORK!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-03 14:50 | solar powered cooler

I find it very interesting that Doug Hall (the guy who fell through the ice TWICE) invented or is credited for inventing the Everready Lead Free Battery. He was the only one who said NO to the Solar Powered Cooler,
which by the way, I LOVED I really want one of those. I think he may have a conflict of interest judging a product which does not use C & D cell batteries and actually touts that they don't use them and is environmentally friendly. Hmmmm!
I wonder if SImon knows this?

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-03 10:26 | What a shame that thay chose

What a shame that thay chose the low road with this show! I auditioned and I'm happy to say I didn't make it to Hollywood.

I was a passionate advocate for this show and what I thought it would be since I auditioned and I told everyone I know to watch it. Now I'm embarrased to see those people.

IMHO showing all good inventions would have been far more interesting to most viewers. This show could have been inspirational for so many. The sad fact is that it insults the viewers intelligence. I'll be very surprised if the show's around next season.

Hey Simon, we're judging YOU now and it's a NO from me.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-03 10:21 | Where are the inventions?

I have been watching, and trying to figure out when they were planning to show the real inventions. I guess after 3 shows, I am not likely to see any.

I am really disappointed. I was hoping this show would help with ... something... I thought the judges would have intelligent constructive information, but no...

Where in the heck did they dig up Doug Hall. I thought he was bad, but his latest, wow. He actually said he fell through the ice several times. I don't know about his "friend", but if my friend fell through the ice several times, I would quit hanging around him after the second time because it is too dangerous being around him. He might pull me down the next time.

I am not saying he is a lyer, but how many people do you know that have survived falling through the ice several times? It really makes me wonder what else he is lying about: probably everything.

The other judges don't seem quite so bad, but with Hall there anyone would look good. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. It is too bad. I really thought they could have had a good show here.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-03 09:49 | Is it illegal?

I was reading these comments, and several appear to deal with
the 25page "agreement". I have to admit, I didn't make it
thorough all of it, but I need clearification. The first 14 pages deal with identification information and background on the inventor and the invention. A few of the question seem a bit too personal, but otherwise understandable.

Because I didn't read the rest of it,I will assume the other posters are correct. This is what I need clearified. The contract says that the inventor signs away all rights to the invention for a million dollars. Isn't this what happens when you go to a manufacturer to sell your invention?

Say I have a whats-it, and I go to Matel and show them my proto-type and they love it. I then agree to sell them my whats-it. Matel pays me a million dollars, then takes the product and manufactures it and does all the marketing. Yes they get all the profits, but that is after paying me a million dollars, and manufacturing cost and marketing cost and who knows what else.

Isn't this the norm? Or does the inventor normally get royalties. If this is the case, how many would need to sell before the inventor gets that first million.

I really thought that is why inventors try to sell their ideas to companies. The inventor gets some money (hopefully a lot of money) and the risk and cost to produce the whats-it is all on the company, not the inventor.

If the inventor produces it on their own, are they likely to get a million dollars after costs? If they get royalties instead, how long before the first million?

Honestly, I don't know. I have ideas and a few proto-types and I thought going to a company to sell my item was a good thing. I wouldn't sell it for less then my cost with lots of profit...a million dollars would do that...wouldn't it?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-01 12:51 | I am so sorry that you all

I am so sorry that you all feel taken advantage in a way. I think thats what happens to alot o reality show participats. We are all just parts they put on and manipulate for their amusement.

I feel fot the people who spend their lvies in their inventions and hours waiting on line only to get dismised for having something really valuable, but not the one blockbuster they are looking for.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-01 12:49 | Wow, I just started watching

Wow, I just started watching the show and am not an inventor. I am so glad to know all the stuff you have been posting about. It makes me see the show in a whole new perspective.

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-01 09:52 | the sob show

I agree with the feedback of you inventors, I was dumb enough to do an audition for the show, and it was an experiance, If I had know that all they were looking for were people with sob stories and weirdos I wouldn't have wasted my time, I have a real invention I presented but I think I was too serious with my presentation, when I now see the people and garbage that made the show, I feel better that I didn't waste my dignity by getting selected

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-31 23:51 | Looking at it all wrong...

See, I think your all just looking at this wrong. The 3rd show was my first time watching it. Now don't get me wrong, I would never sign that contract myself. I saw it as complete comedy, just like American Idol, someone told those people they had a great idea, even if it was the voices in their own head. I think that people realize that any respectable inventor would not be so stupid as to go on a show such as that. Just like any real musician would not go to American Idol. Here are a few thoughts as far as the judges are concerned,

1. Doug Hall - This guys a joke, I live in Ohio and was ashamed that he mentioned he was from here as well. He might have a think tank company and inventions under his belt (as part of a group) but his arrogance underminds engineers. He gives them a bad image. His know-it-all attitude drags the show down to a level below even Simon Cowell.
2. Peter Jones – Of course Simon had to get a rude Englishman for the judging, probably nepotism to say the least. This guy could pass as Simon’s personality double. Have you checked out his personal website? To sum it up in one word – EGOCENTRIC.
3. Ed Evangelista – I don’t even know where to start here. Seems a little too excitable at times, says yes way too often. Other than that he seems to be the most down to earth judge on the show.
4. Mary Lou Quinlan – Token female judge.

I also noticed that Simon’s company is Syco Television, or should we say psycho TV? I guess that explains the people that show up for auditions for all of his productions ( and I use “productionsâ€

(existing replies 2)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:45 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

S. and R. (not verified) | 2006-03-16 23:42 | WHAT A LOUSY SHOW

PIECE OF CRAB SHOW. JUDGES ARE INCONSISTENT AND LOUSY AT BEST.
THIS IS NOT AMERICAN IDOL AND NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE. THIS SHOW WILL NOT LAST.

email this comment

Postby mojo62 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Weenies?