FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

FAQ: HELP....I think i got off on the wrong start?

Postby tianaranjo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:24 pm

tianaranjo
White Belt

I have an idea that I submitted to Davison last week. Today, director of new ideas called me and set up a meeting for Monday morning. I chose the name for this company from BBB; when this guy called be today he recommended I check out their site inventionland.com. When I typed that into Google, I saw a story about this company in Forbes and read some not so favorable things about them. Now I am afraid to tell them more about my idea on Monday and have somebody steal my idea or lose thousand of dollars trying to invent this.....any advice?

Postby Road Show » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

tianaranjo,

Welcome to ISpot. You need to stop right where you are at and get comfortable with the direction you are going. Did you disclose your idea in its entirety? Doesn't much matter, really...it is your money they want, not your idea. Statistically, your idea has only a 97% chance of making any positive returns based on patented inventions. These companies cannot live off that kind of return, especially considering the effort and financial resources to bring a product to market.

My advice is to stay here reading posts, esp. in the FAQ section, and only proceed forward when you feel you understand where you are headed.

RSG

Postby mojo62 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Early in the conception of some ideas, I contacted Davison and several other invention submission companies. I recieved their packets but never persued any additional services. Since then and hearing all the negatives about these types of businesses, I'm glad I was not eager to enough to take the next step with them.

Davison still e-mails me, even after I requested they stop. Are they desparate or what?

I have not heard of any legitimate "invention submission companies."

In my mind, if an invention is worthy and the inventor does the work necessary to get it through the many required steps, it will bring what is worth without an invention submission company taking your money for sevices which may never advance an invention.