FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:53 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Levi Porter wrote:
Scrupulous wrote:In the meantime, hit this link and see if it takes you in...

Testing...1-2-3...Testing

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Is that what it said? Good. I'm assuming you were logged in when you tried?

I will be submitting a list of people who have already signed the agreement, to the admin for access to the private forum soon. They will be the original members of the "Think Tank". I'd like to get a few more signers, though.

Great input, Levi.

Postby Levi Porter » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Scrupulous wrote:Is that what it said? Good. I'm assuming you were logged in when you tried?

Yes, and I was logged in.

Also, is I-spot going to be able to provide us with a separate data base that is password protected, or is that something we are going to have to do ourselves?

Could you let us know what security measures are in place and planned?

I am a little confused at the moment. I called a reseller / wholesaler of website products I know, and they claimed that a 128-256 bit encryption security certificate does not prevent search engines from having access, therefore, all you need is a password protected area in a database.

If this is true, then how come search engine robots don't accidentally pick up on people logging in to their bank accounts?

I'll try to find out.

If we need an encryption, I am more than happy to pay for more than my fair share. I can get a discount for Star Field.

I wonder if it is possible to set up a firewall for the private forum?

Also, not every search engine obeys the "No Follow" or "No Index" Tag.
Last edited by Levi Porter on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I'll let you know when I find out, Levi.

Keep in mind what the potential limitations to this may be, regardless of how tight the security is. (That's why we go about it to allow for those possibilities.)

Postby Levi Porter » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Thanks Scrupulous,

I just wanted to offer what I am aware of to help make it as secure as possible, and to remind people to err on the side of caution, reiterating what you said.

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Levi Porter wrote:Thanks Scrupulous,

I just wanted to offer what I am aware of to help make it as secure as possible, and to remind people to err on the side of caution, reiterating what you said.

Absolutely, Levi. You obviously have a decent background in these things, and I'm glad you're raising questions. They are imprortant, and I do expect to get the answers before we set off.

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

After having spoken with the webmaster, and after trying a few tests of my own, I am satisfied that the private forum will be secure enough for our purposes.

It may not hurt to discuss it a bit more. But, I think it's best to save that for when we are inside the private forum itself.

If all goes well, that will be tomorrow.

Postby citizen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:21 am

citizen
Brown Belt

Scrup...thanks for setting this all up.

How will we get into the private forum and know its up and running?

Postby Scrupulous » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:34 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

citizen wrote:Scrup...thanks for setting this all up.

How will we get into the private forum and know its up and running?

The forum itself is already up and running. Michelle, myself, and Roger (the Webmaster), have been the only ones with access to it.

The list of new members has been submitted, and if nothing else, I will post a message in the Terms of Entry thread when I hear.

Members don't have to do anything different. You will simply have access to the extra forum, whenever you are logged in normally.

(It's pretty seamless actually. I like it.)

Postby mojo62 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:42 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

WOW! :idea:
Previous