FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

How do you contact these shows

Postby Rodney Long » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:29 pm

Rodney Long
White Belt

Just wounder how to contact these shows

Postby scrapbookdi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:44 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

Do you have to have a finished product or can it be a prototype? Any info would be great.

Postby Rodney Long » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:09 am

Rodney Long
White Belt

scrapbookdi wrote:Do you have to have a finished product or can it be a prototype? Any info would be great.

Old thread, I don't remember all of the conversation

I personally have finished products when I "do" a trade show, now when I'm at one to license an invention, I like to always have a proto to show the potential licensees (which I rarely do at these shows), I'm there to open doors, to meet people and learn the market, I will follow up these contacts offering to show them my inventions at a latter date. This is the real value of one of these shows to an independent inventor, not to get a booth and show the world my invention. That is a BIG mistake, regardless how good the invention is.

Postby Michelle » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:55 am

Michelle
Black Belt

To contact these shows, if they are having an inventor event, their press releases will have information on how to apply.

If there is no specific event, you need to do the leg work of collecting the address, emails and names of the programming managers for each of the shows.

If you are willing to start the list on this site, we will help. I have a few that I could add but I'd have to do some digging.

Invention, verses trade shows

Postby Rodney Long » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:06 am

Rodney Long
White Belt

Michelle wrote:To contact these shows, if they are having an inventor event, their press releases will have information on how to apply.

If there is no specific event, you need to do the leg work of collecting the address, emails and names of the programming managers for each of the shows.

If you are willing to start the list on this site, we will help. I have a few that I could add but I'd have to do some digging.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON AN "INVENTOR/INVENTION" SHOW, THEY WILL NOT HAVE THE PEOPLE IN "YOUR" MARKET ATTEND !!!!!!!

They are for losers in this business, they are for the dreamers, not the archivers. They make huge sums of money for those that con inventors into buying booth space, and other services to make them think it is a road to success, not 1 inventor in 5,000 actually get a deal out of these shows.

You want to succeed? the only way is to "LEARN YOUR MARKET", you do this by attending "trade" shows in your market, this opens doors to manufacturers that are "in" your inventions market