FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

PRIVATE FORUM MEMBERSHIP INFO

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

The new I-Spot “Think Tankâ€

Postby Contextion » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:39 am

Contextion
Blue Belt

Hey sign me up, I need something like this to work on in my spare time, thanks.

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Contextion, you already qualify under "grandfather" status. All you need to do is acknowledge the Terms of Entry 1.0 by the end of this month.

Updated memberships take effect near the beginning of each month. So, you would be joining us in early December.

Keep in mind that the group is already off to an aggressive start, and there would be a fair amount of catching-up on the norms that have been established along the way. (We're having a blast, though.)

Scrup

Postby AmericanCynic » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:50 am

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

Well, since the other thread is locked, I'll have to use this one to pull a Steve Stark and say I'm out of here. I guess I must be feeling "left out" since I never applied for this private forum and never intend to. It also says a lot about my "intellent" level. See you in the funny papers.

Postby Road Show » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Although I would like to just ignore the circumstances preceding AmericanCynic's decision to leave ISpot and just move on, he has strategically placed his "exit notice" on the Private Forum Membership Info thread. I refuse to speculate as to his motives in so doing; however, since it will raise questions in the minds of those who visit this thread with a genuine interest in learning what the private forum is all about, I feel a response is warranted.

AmericanCynic made some unflattering characterizations of the members of the Think Tank (for which the private forum was created) which were uncalled for. He was called out on his comments, so he has decided to fold up his tent and go home. The whole issue devolved over the fact that ISpot's home page tracks recent posts on the forums. The activity on the private forums completely overwhelmed the list, and this was noted by AmericanCynic here: viewtopic.php?t=968 . The issue continued until Minnesota Inventor posted here: viewtopic.php?t=997 . The problem has been fixed; unfortunately, this unforeseen glitch gave rise to some latent issue AmericanCynic seems to have with the existence of the private forums.

I hope that anyone who did not join the Think Tank will discuss openly and candidly the issues they may have with members of the private forum rather that post disparaging comments about us. Yes, we are like any other club concerned about who is allowed to join. No, we are not endorsed by ISpot, so anyone here can start their own inventors club. I am positive that Michele and Roger would love to have several inventor clubs active on this site. We are only the first of several...I hope!

Enjoy the holidays, y'all!

RSG
Last edited by Road Show on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Michelle » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:28 am

Michelle
Black Belt

I would like to add that these private forums are not just little clubs. These are very active forums where like minded highly creative people are working together to come up with new inventions and doing some very creative problem solving.

If you would like to join or create your own private forum, just let us know.

Michelle

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:Well, since the other thread is locked, I'll have to use this one to pull a Steve Stark and say I'm out of here. I guess I must be feeling "left out" since I never applied for this private forum and never intend to. It also says a lot about my "intellent" level. See you in the funny papers.

...not if we see you first. :wink:

Bye now.

Postby Road Show » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Michelle wrote:I would like to add that these private forums are not just little clubs. These are very active forums where like minded highly creative people are working together to come up with new inventions and doing some very creative problem solving.

If you would like to join or create your own private forum, just let us know.

Michelle

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle! :D

RSG

Postby mojo62 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:05 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

I-N-T-E-L-L-I-G-E-N-T- stresses success in coping with new situations and solving problems.

Good name for a new think tank, maybe. :wink:

Sorry

Postby MattB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:18 am

MattB
White Belt

What's the point of the public forum?
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com
Next